Favourite ET posters

Discussion in 'Trading' started by benwm, Dec 11, 2012.

1. these 2 are my favorites due to being very responsible for my best earnings the past 5yrs (out of 20yr trading career). i still believe no one can tell you how to out earn the market..but these two gave me a market to look at and some idea's to exploit within it.

rallymode

atticus

for 2012 as good guys on et that offer up good reads (lists change ea yr due to guys coming and going of course)

sle

Maverick74

ammo

and of course others listed previously. i am not a thread starter..as i am pretty darn busy daily..but a "worst of 2012" may be in order also. thankfully there seems to be less of them lately but nonetheless..there are also some real idiots here...imo

#41     Dec 12, 2012
  2. Not him. He's mellow. I've been to his house... I know for sure.

#42     Dec 12, 2012
  3. Not to forget rationalize and kinggyppo.

#43     Dec 12, 2012
  4. NoDoji..

Honorable mention to:

bighog
    cornixforex
    redneck

#44     Dec 12, 2012
  5. That was an epic thread! For sheer entertainment value, you couldn't do much better than Bwol. I wonder what has happened to him, he has gone silent since the PFG blowup.

There should be various categories of favorite posters -- entertaining clowns, fake traders, etc... and posters who provide consistently useful information. In the latter category, Atticus/Riskarb is clearly number one. But there are actually quite a few good informational posters, only some of whom have been mentioned in this thread.

The options forum in particular seems to have a higher ratio of good information posts to useless, bragging, or fake trading posts.

What surprises me about this thread is the number of posters whom I consider to be outright charlatans who are mentioned as if they were actual informed traders.

In the entertainment category, I nominate BullsNBears Analytics.

#45     Dec 12, 2012
  6. luisHK

luisHK

Looking at this forum more and more often I'd concur - it definetely looks more serious than many other subforums on ET.

Thanks to Comintel btw, who has been helpful more than once.

#46     Dec 12, 2012
  7. gmst

gmst

Kevin, pls post your list according to your classification of posters. I am interested to see who you consider to be good traders and informational posters on ET. Thanks!

#47     Dec 12, 2012
  8. maybe there is hope for ET we've gone 8 pages and nobody voted for themselves :p

#48     Dec 12, 2012
  9. DiaOptions (the poster formerly known as ForexForex) did.

The guy has chutzpah. He would make a forecast 10 minutes prior to earnings, and when the earnings came out, if his forecast was wrong, he would edit his post (still within the 20 minute editing window) and reverse his forecast. Then, in subsequent posts, he would point to the edited post as evidence of his trading prowess!

@Gmst, there are too many informational posters for me to list, and I would inevitably leave some out. And listing the fakes and charlatans would only make board enemies.

One thing about some of the informational posters: if you collate their posts here with their posts on other boards (NP, Wilmott, Big Mike's. Trader's Lab etc.) and lists (like QuantFinance/StackExchange or the RMetrics list), you can pretty much figure out their trading methods.

#49     Dec 12, 2012
  10. Thank God for evolution... ha...

Shopster, neilsbor, etc etc.... I wish I could bet against certain posters

#50     Dec 12, 2012