Favorite quote

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by cocaineaddict, Jun 11, 2009.

1. and how it relates to trading?

2. "Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishments"

3. "The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent”

4. "stocks, balls, models, and bottles"

kind of explains itself :D

5. MTRIG

MTRIG

P P C.

This stands for "Preserve Precious Capital"

- Marcel Link, the author of High Probability Trading

6. +1

7. "Whether you think you can or you can't, either way you are right."

-Henry Ford

8. volente_00

volente_00

"With God all things are possible"

"You came to see a race today. To see someone win. It happened to be me. But I want you to do more than just watch a race. I want you to take part in it. I want to compare faith to running in a race. It's hard. It requires concentration of will, energy of soul. You experience elation when the winner breaks the tape - especially if you've got a bet on it. But how long does that last? You go home. Maybe you're dinner's burnt. Maybe you haven't got a job. So who am I to say, "Believe, have faith," in the face of life's realities? I would like to give you something more permanent, but I can only point the way. I have no formula for winning the race. Everyone runs in her own way, or his own way. And where does the power come from, to see the race to its end? From within. Jesus said, "Behold, the Kingdom of God is within you. If with all your hearts, you truly seek me, you shall ever surely find me." If you commit yourself to the love of Christ, then that is how you run a straight race."

"Hopefully one day you'll realize there are more important things in life than money, it's a means to an end is all, it's not the be-all and end-all of life"

"You can chase rainbows and dreams if you like, I've already achieved mine and I'm perfectly content with my lot in life"

"The destination is what your determination makes it"

"You miss 100% of the shots you never take"

"Buy the low, sell the high, walk away at the top"

"Fear is not an option for successful traders."

"Contrarians never die. They just fade away."

"You can't win if you don't bet"

"The one defining characteristic of successful traders is their refusal to quit in the face of adversity"

"Being a successful trader also takes courage: the courage to try, the courage to fail, the courage to succeed, and the courage to keep on going when the going gets tough"

"Trading is an obsession, passion, the best entertainment, a challenge, the most fascinating game humans ever invented, a science, an art, the way of living and thinking, the strongest desire you ever had, an intellectual and physical fitness exercise and much more. Look inside your soul. If you don't feel this way about trading then you should not be trading at all. However if some of that resonates with you then don't give up. Work hard, sweat, get frustrated, create, test, enjoy the triumphs and suffer losses, become a great trader and make as much money as you want!"

9. Patience is a virtue.

10. Pekelo

Pekelo

[​IMG]

#10     Jun 12, 2009