Favorite quote from Thomas Jefferson

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MRWSM, Feb 14, 2007.

1. MRWSM

MRWSM

#11     Feb 22, 2007
  2. T Jefferson, considered to be the greatest thinker among your forefathers and the author of your Declaration of Independence, was also an expert on scripture. Over the years of his life he edited the Bible in order to make his own personal Bible. Of course he couldn't make it available to the public at that time without being accused of terrible things, but it will be made available soon for those who want to see it.

To summarize, he left out the old scripture - what you call the Old Testament - completely. He didn't leave in anything about me being God in the flesh. He didn't leave in anything about me performing physical miracles. He left out almost 200 pages of the New Testament, leaving only 46.

So he was able to cut to the chase. At the same time, many require the b.s. - bogus belief systems - until they are ready to give up the unnecessary stuff. Meanwhile, he saw no need to disparage those with b.s., or take the ideas they need away from them.

Jesus

#12     Mar 3, 2007
  3. "The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus by the Supreme Being as his father, in the womb of a virgin, will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter." Thomas Jefferson, 1823. 1

#13     Mar 3, 2007
  4. Like I said, he left out physical miracles. Physical miracles can be left out because the day will come when the physicality of this world will be classed with fables and be forgotten. Time and space will disappear when faith is withdrawn from them. Physical miracles show that this world is a cartoon. Physical miracles can be misconstrued as reinforcing the idea that the physical is important or real. In that case, they can be left out.

Jesus

#14     Mar 3, 2007
  5. fhl

fhl

Noted historian John F.(renchie) Kerry, who did endeavor to become #44, brought us this made up quote from #3.

"This is not the first time in American history when patriotism has been distorted to deflect criticism and mislead the nation," warned Sen. Kerry, placing his courage in the broader historical context. "No wonder Thomas Jefferson himself said: 'Dissent is the greatest form of patriotism.' "

Close enough. According to the Jefferson Library: "There are a number of quotes that we do not find in Thomas Jefferson's correspondence or other writings; in such cases, Jefferson should not be cited as the source. Among the most common of these spurious Jefferson quotes are: 'Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.' "

Did Kerry's speechwriter endeavor to point that out? "Hey, boss, diss ain't a Jefferson quote."

"Yeah, that's right. Dissent -- a Jefferson quote. Shove one in around the fifth paragraph, but snap it up, will you? I got a fitting for my new even-more-buttock-hugging yellow lycra cycling shorts in 20 minutes."

from http://rw-theoriginal.blogspot.com/2006_04_01_rw-theoriginal_archive.html

#15     Mar 6, 2007
  6. pamjoey

pamjoey

our government cares nothing about whether we can protect ourselves or not. If we left it to the liberals, they would take all the guns away. Their form of government is nothing but a sick joke, for the most part. Not that the republicans are much better, which is why i quit voting years ago

#16     Mar 6, 2007
  7. seriously, did you attend the ramtha school or clown college?

#17     Mar 6, 2007
  8. Thanks for the ramtha compliment, but I speak for One Self.

I did attend earth for a while though. That's where One Self goes to learn to put on funny makeup called "skin". There was a lot of arguing about the correct skin color. It was not an accredited school. It was made up. In it, clowns made up their own curriculums. Lot's of clowns thumping other clowns over the head with big thick books....holding up baggy notions with really thin suspenders. There were a lot of hard knocks. I never joined the "dead poets" society.

You could say I came from the school of "rock". Funny thing is, there are no teachers there, because every-one knows it all. I can't be 30,000 years old, because time is not known there. I am the eternal now.

I am the one who comes from what is whole. I was given from the things of my Father. Therefore, I say that if one is whole, one will be filled with light, but if one is divided, one will be filled with darkness.

Whoever drinks from my mouth shall become like me. I myself shall become that person, and the hidden things will be revealed to that person.

Jesus

#18     Mar 7, 2007