Favorite movie qoutes that apply to trading

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by indahook, Jun 23, 2003.

1. "I'm a stockbroker. [Pause]. I invest other people's money [longer pause] until it's gone."

Woody Allen

#21     Jun 23, 2003
  2. "There's no crying in Baseball"

---Tom Hanks, "A League Of Their Own"

For those of you who need help, substitute "trading" for "baseball".

#22     Jun 23, 2003
  3. Perfect quote for how it used to be when I would close my eyes and ignore my stops!

#23     Jun 23, 2003
  4. "You don’t hear much about guys who take their shot and miss. But I’ll tell you what happens to them. They end up humping crappy jobs on midnight shifts trying to figure out how they came up short."

Rounders.

#24     Jun 23, 2003
  5. speedy

speedy

"Greed is good."

#25     Jun 23, 2003
  6. Rounders. Another great movie.

And about that shootout scene in "Heat"...yeah it really may be the greatest bank robbery action scene in movies.

This thread will drum up some good business for amazon.com
    I know I'll be ordering some DVD's tonight.:D

Which brings up a side topic which does not require a new thread because its not trading related.

I have a JVC 3 slot dvd/cd player. Recently it has started giving me problems playing cd's. Sometimes it won't read the cd and it will go to the next tray. It happens on new cd's and old ..the only remedy is to keep trying it and eventually it plays.
    I've had t for 5yrs, so blowing it up on the 4th of July wouldn't be so bad...but if there's an easy solution I'd prefer to get at least another yr out of it.

Thanks in advance.

#26     Jun 23, 2003
  7. dilman57

dilman57

In honor of Don Bright I'll paraphrase-It doesnt matter if you buy or sell,Duke and Duke makes a commission

#27     Jun 23, 2003
  8. chessman

chessman Guest

Stanley Kubric's classic

--"Well, I don't think there is any question about it. It can only be attributable to human error. This sort of thing has cropped up before and it has always been due to human error." -- Hall 9000

http://www.palantir.net/2001/gallery/hal.html

#28     Jun 23, 2003
  9. Classic Clint as always playing a Marine gunny; "Improvise, adapt, overcome!"

#29     Jun 23, 2003
  10. #30     Jun 23, 2003