Favorite movie qoutes that apply to trading

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by indahook, Jun 23, 2003.

1. Ken_DTU

Ken_DTU

good quote trustme from heat... another deniro favorite from a movie he did "the score"... something like

"talent doesn't mean anything in this game... lots of guys with talent, are in the inside... (jail)..... what counts is discipline, if you don't have that, you don't have anything.."

that's not the exact quote, but something like that, was watching the movie last night and said to myself yeah that's a trading quote too ..

ken

#11     Jun 23, 2003
  2. reg

reg

'It's fuck or walk'

- Glengarry GlenRoss

#12     Jun 23, 2003
  3. trustme...excellent movie ...I bought the DVD a while back and I just watched this last week.....I was going to use that same line...darn!

Did anyone see the Denaro special on this weekend honoring his work over the years, he is my favorite actor.

rtttrader

#13     Jun 23, 2003
  4. Gordon Gekko:

"Mixed emotions, buddy. Like Larry Wildman going off a cliff in my new Maserati."

One of the underappreciated lines from this classic

#14     Jun 23, 2003
  5. shneed

shneed

Another Deniro movie (Ronin),
    "....first thing they teach you, when in doubt, there is no doubt"

shneed

#15     Jun 23, 2003
  6. prox

prox

blue horseshoe loves anacot steel

#16     Jun 23, 2003
  7. Heat , is one of my favorites too. I gotta get the DVD , the street shoot out scene must be sick with the surround sound turned up.

How about this line: "You do't have time to think up there. You think, you're dead."Tom Cruise,TopGun

That applies to my trading plan.

#17     Jun 23, 2003
  8. actually they were on the set together only in one scene, the rest were pasted together. Pay close attention to the movie next time and you will notice it, i saw the directors commentaries on it.

But it is definetelly one of the greatest movies of all time. So here is the quote again because it is my fav as well:

"Guy told me one time, don't get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat, if you spot the heat around the corner"

Neil McCauley (Robert De Niro) in Heat

#18     Jun 23, 2003

9. dude, the shoot out seen is incredable with surround sound. I think that scene is one of the greatest scenes ever shot in cinema history.

#19     Jun 23, 2003
  10. kernan

kernan

"Heat" is a great movie. As is "Boiler Room".

From another good flick:

"YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!"

Jack, "A Few Good Men"

#20     Jun 23, 2003