Favorite indicators for trading the S&P500 E-minis?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by silvermotion, Apr 27, 2006.

1. So risk is a wave to be measured against time too...sorry to shorten your post that you obviously spent a lot of time with. It's just all that I can grasp for now.

I really like your post. I am going to do a search of your name. Why are you wasting your time here in ET Grob109? I can guess you go over many readers heads.

Your writing style resembles that of a great and deep thinker and probably an exceptional trader. You do not use big words to impress, but you actually have a rhythm to your message.

Are you the Jack Hershey that Electric is so fond of? (Electric will never tell you, but his biggest breakthrough in his trading journey was because of something you taught him and you did not even know it. I suspect many deep thinkers have contemplated your most valuable contributions).

live long and keep your mind nimble...

Wifey

#41     Apr 29, 2006
  2. That is true about every subject that comes up on ET etc, ad infinitum. But, what else is there to do? Obviously none of us have a life.

#42     Apr 29, 2006
  3. Its like a team of tired shadow boxers not wearing Everlast or Nikes. LOL

I turned their lights out long ago.

Hows that for two sentences....lol.......

Dividend: He's getting peanuts apparently and doesn't know the giver only likes the chocolate part....lol....

#43     Apr 29, 2006
  4. Go get camtasia "daily routine.avi"; it is 19 minutes and has about 50 charts analyzed. You can stop the video and grab the screen for as many as you want. besides the charts you will see the monitoring tables as well where the rows of stocks move up and down according o when the "buy" is signalled during the day by leading indicator of price as the "mover".

The channels camtasia is similar and you can use the transcript and illustrations directly from that one.

#44     Apr 29, 2006
  5. K-Rock

K-Rock

Do you have a specific link your willing to provide?

#45     Apr 29, 2006
  6. K-Rock

K-Rock

How do you avoid choppy time periods when using MAs?

#46     Apr 29, 2006
  7. Grob, please be assured that I read every word of your last 2 posts addressed to me and I remain as clueless as before I read them. (I thought you might enjoy that as a quote for your next dig into me. You're welcome.) I have no idea what you are talking about. I am not a brilliant person. I am not a genius. I don't claim to be the fastest power tool in the shed. However, I am not exactly a slouch. Yet I have no doubt that I would fail any course you ever taught. Repeatedly.

As I mentioned to you before, I do not follow your method and I do not need to follow your method. I have my own. I am comfortable and content with it. In your eyes, I suppose that makes me a loser. (Messianic mien. I before E.) What I find curious is that one of your students, Spydertrader, writes far more precisely and clearly than you do. I do not follow his threads, but I have read an occasional post. Perhaps you should, too. And although you may have a copy of Strunk & White as you have previously reported, I suspect you haven't looked at it lately, if ever.

You talk about no risk. Of course there is no risk if you cover these other traders' losses. And while that is marvelously selfless of you (in that "selfish" way that you described), it is not an approach worth discussing for the rest of us great unwashed. Your cohort, Porgie, quickly chimed in with his version of "no risk" in your defense. He also suggested that people who tried to predict did not "get it." But claiming "no risk" is, in fact, predicting. The irony is inescapable. It is because I do NOT predict that I do NOT assume "no risk." It is because I do NOT predict that I account for, and respect, risk. If you actually traded in the NOW, as you claimed you do, then you would know that assuming "no risk" goes beyond that NOW. Please, for the love of the God of your choice, stop playing with words. No risk means no risk. And if you believe that "no risk" exists in trading (except for those lucky traders whose losses you cover), then the emperor has no clothes.

Around and around she goes...

P.S. Porgie, I think that Hypostomus was referring to making market calls in real time. Was that so unclear to you? Even so, it is commendable how quickly you climbed onto your soapbox to predict his eventual downfall, even though you were a tad...predictable.

#47     Apr 29, 2006
  8. Jack called trades live on Paltalk for a couple of months. There are tapes available if you want to track them down.

#48     Apr 29, 2006
  9. I don't care one way or another. I'm not shopping for methods. I was merely clarifying what I believe Hypostomus was saying. However, I should probably let him do his own talking and mind my own business.

#49     Apr 29, 2006
  10. I will merely add that when I enter a trade I am predicting that it will have positive expectancy.

#50     Apr 29, 2006