favorite guitar solos

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gordon Gekko, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

One of my all time favorites.

#31     May 1, 2005
  2. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

Some good stuff there as well as the Hendrix you mentioned.

Another one I like is Alvin Lee (Ten Years After) doing "I'm Goin' Home" at Woodstock ...

And Duane Allman & Dicky Betts did some good stuff in the Live at The Fillmore East double album.

#32     May 1, 2005
  3. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

Saw the Allman Brothers 3 times back in the early 70's ... bgreat in concert ... then Berry Oakley (bass) died about a year after Duane

#33     May 1, 2005
  4. Yeah forgot about 10 Years After. When I was a kid my friends dad was a hippie, had all these great albums, but yeah 10 Years After was one of those weird ones when I was 12, like, who the fuck are these guys?? A bit too mean to be hippies....

#34     May 1, 2005
  5. Joe

Joe

I know it's not in the same realm of Van Halen or U2 but I like Crazy by Seal (the acoustic version) its about 20 seconds in the beginning. Plus I'm a big fan of the flamenco guitar style.

#35     May 1, 2005
  6. Go see the Allman's now. Butch truck's nephew, Dereck Trucks plays lead guitar now that Dickey has been kicked out. Dereck Trucks is awesome. Plays slide. Also, Warren Haynes plays with them most of the time. His own band, Government Mule is excellent. He also has been touring with the Dead. He will open for them then play the Jerry parts during their show.

That brings us to the real great guitarist. Jerry Garcia. Listen to any live tape from the 70's and even early 80's. No one better. Saw a show that Carlos Santana opened for them. Carlos came out and played a few songs with the Dead. Jerry and Carlos were fantastic. Calaveras (sp?) county fairgrounds. (David Lindley opened the show.)

#36     May 1, 2005
  7. Joe

Joe

Oye como va by Santana
    I like his classic's more than his new pop side, IMO Santana is one of the top 5 guitarists ever.

and

Eagles - hotel california

#37     May 1, 2005
  8. Choad

Choad

Props to you if you can axe Crazy Train and Eruption!

Awesome songs.

#38     May 1, 2005
  9. Ha Ha. One time I was in a guitar store and there was this aweful guitar music, and I'm thinking, "geez, even I could play that. It's out of tune and sounds terrible". Later I found out it was an early Jimi Hendrix bootleg or something.

I guess you could say I definitely have opinions about what sounds good and what really doesn't, no matter how much we are told what is good.

I have an Ibanez Satriani JS-1000 signature model and I'm bald. So I think I win the battle of the guitar players here at ET.

JohnnyK

#39     May 1, 2005

10. Nope. I win because I still have my hair... It's not long anymore, but it is still there... :D

#40     May 1, 2005