Favorite Dishes & Recipes

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dgabriel, Dec 12, 2002.

1. Frijoles (Free-hole-lays):

1 can red kidney beans
    1 diced ripe tomato
    1/2 chopped peeled potato
    1/2 diced onion
    1 chopped carrot
    1 chopped celery stalk
    1 cup water

boil uncovered for 45 minutes until texture is thick.
    Add salt and fresh ground pepper to taste and
    pinch of parsley and oregano with 10 minutes remaining cooking time.

Makes two servings.

Serve over rice.

2. Babak

Babak

3. nitro

nitro

DG,

You are sure to get wild started on this...

nitro

4. Aaron

Aaron

That's a nice looking recipe! I like healthy, lowfat, easy meails. I'm going to try it. I'm assuming you drain the kidney beans? Also, I think I'll put in the whole potato. What am I supposed to do with half a potato left over?!

5. wild

wild

What is a Haggis ?

http://www.electricscotland.com/haggis/haggis1.html

Haggis (from A Feast of Scotland, Janet Warren)
    Stomach bag and pluck (heart, liver and lights of a sheep --
    you can substitute a selection of organ meats)
    2 onions, peeled
    2 c pinhead oatmeal (Irish oatmeal)
    1 2/3 c suet
    salt & pepper
    trussing needle and fine string
    Thoroughly wash the stomach bag in cold water. Turn it inside out and scald it, then scrape the surface with a knife. Soak it in cold salted water overnight. Next day remove the bag from the water and leave it on one side while preparing the filling. Wash the pluck. Put it into a pan, with the windpipe hanging over the side into a bowl, to let out any impurities. Cover the pluck with cold water, add 1 teaspoon of salt and bring the water to a boil. Skim the surface, then simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Meanwhile parboil the onions, drain, reserving the liquid, and chop them roughly. Also toast the pinhead oatmeal until golden brown. Drain the pluck when ready and cut away the windpipe and any excess gristle. Mince half the liver with all the heart and lights, then stir in the shredded suet, the toasted oatmeal and the onions. Season well with salt and pepper. Moisten with as much of the onion or pluck water as necessary to make the mixture soft. With the rough surface of the bag outside fill it just over half full, the oatmeal will swell during cooking, and sew the ends together with the trussing needle and fine string. Prick the bag in places with the needle. Place the haggis on and enamel plate and put it into a pan of boiling water. Cover the pan and cook for about 3 hours, adding more boiling water when necessary to keep the haggis covered ...

6. Bamboo Shoots with Snake Slices

Materials:
    250g snake meat
    winter bamboo shoots
    Gan bamboo shoots

Preparations
    Cut the winter bamboo shoots and snake meat into slices.
    Cut the Gan bamboo shoots into flower shapes.
    Steep the snake slices in salt, MSG and flour for 20 minutes, then stir-fry in 4 fold hot oil.
    Stir fry finely chopped garlic, drop in the Gan bamboo shoots then snake slices, bamboo slices and cooking wine; then add soup stock, salt, MSG, sesame oil and pepper, toss a few times.

7. beer

8. I never drain the beans, I just pour the whole can in the pot, but if you do drain, add more water in, otherwise it'll all boil away. You want to boil it down to a loose semi-thick texture.

9. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Use a small potatoe and a small onion if you only need 1/2 of a regular size one.

10. Favorite gay chefs:

Wolfgang Puck
    Graham Kerr (The Galloping Gourmet)
    Richard Simmons (Deal-A-Meal)

Gay Dining

Is this thread just a bit gay?

[​IMG]

#10     Dec 12, 2002