Favorite Adult Beverage

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Bigpipn, May 9, 2008.

1. jhithers

jhithers

I like Dr. Pepper, but never even thought about that - thanks man, I will try it.

The 2 to 4 happy hour will be my undoing...I can't stay away.

#21     May 13, 2008
  2. lindq

lindq

Yep, I'm with you on that one. Gotta love that Grey Goose with just a little frost on the top. Cold on the lips, smooth and warm going down. Yum.

#22     May 13, 2008
  3. Actually, even as a young guy I used to drink a lot of Scotch on the rocks....but then i started noticing a trend:

six or more dewars on the rocks= a) fight b) fight with girlfreind c) fight with the bar or d) fight with anyone near me
    :D :D

believe it or not ...I got my wife into scotch and that is her choice of drink...I keep getting single malts as gifts yet my wife drinks it all!!!

#23     May 13, 2008
  4. From what I understand, it's the only one of all their label which is mixed only from single malts. It's very nice.

Cheers.

#24     May 14, 2008
  5. Boss302

Boss302

Could not agree more... I drink mine out of a tall "pilsner" style glass. For some reason I think it tastes even better that way than out of the bottle. You know you're drinking a real beer with this one.

#25     May 14, 2008
  6. seems no one is down with a nice patron or don julio tequilla? bottle cap drop shots are deliciously awesome but its all chick booze, very tasty as a pallet cleanser hahaha. also guiness rocks

#26     May 16, 2008
  7. Arnie

Arnie

Agreed, but with Kettle One. Used to use GG, K1 is better.

#27     May 16, 2008
  8. I like my martini wet and made with gin, I guess it's the taste of the juniper berries that I like (gin and vermouth both are flavoured with that). I like Tanqueray, but haven't really tried a ton of different gins. I also like it with olive juice, but I must admit it's a bit embarrassing to order my gin martini "wet and dirty."

#28     May 16, 2008
  9. Wet and dirty, well, what's not to like.
    :p

Actually, on the mostly non-alcoholic aspect, if you can manage it, this is a refreshing drink, quite nice.

Kombucha tea;
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kombucha

It's a right pain to make, but i think well worth it-refreshing as coke, with a tiny alcohol content, more zest than boring tea, but not as much fizz and fakeness as most bottled /standard iced teas.

Iced tea, yep , thats a totally happening drink, but no, this stuff is really darn good.

Those mushrooms work magic, IMHO.

#29     May 19, 2008
  10. On the subject of making your own fermented slightly alcoholic beverage, has anyone tried kvass?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kvass

We've been thinking about making some, since we love dark rye bread so much.

#30     May 19, 2008