Favorate Movies

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Trane, Mar 15, 2003.

1. Trane

Trane

As much as I love movies - I think I have only seen one Woody Allen movie, which was his latest one with Helen Hunt. Seems to be inline with your 'overeducated' theory...

PEACE my friend... [​IMG]

#31     Mar 17, 2003
  2. rs7

rs7

Huh? You lost me Trane. Don't understand the reference.

What does this "trick" have to do with anything? (pretty weak trick by the way...all the cards are different....so obvious even I saw that).

:confused:

#32     Mar 17, 2003
  3. rs7

rs7

You are serious? You MUST rent Annie Hall!!!

Peace,
    :)rs7

#33     Mar 17, 2003
  4. Trane

Trane

For the trick to work, the player must stay so attached to the card he/she choses that they totaly miss the obvious fact that they all change. For Usual to 'work' he had to find a way to make the viewer see only what he wanted them to see. It is pretty cool when you watch that movie for the 2nd and 3rd time, because you realize that Synger was showing you the entire time who Keyser was, but because you stayed attached only to what he wanted you to see you missed all the signs. Usual is the ultimate card trick imo...

PEACE [​IMG]

#34     Mar 17, 2003
  5. Arnie

Arnie

A lot of my favorites already mentioned. Have you ever seen Sir Alec Guiness in "Lavender Hill Mob"? How about some of Mel Brooks movies?

#35     Mar 17, 2003
  6. Somehow my addled brain retained this from March!!

Tonight I saw "HEAT" for the first time. I noticed on the guide that it was coming on cable. And I recalled that you and others had mentioned it in this thread.

Excellent movie, great cast, music, direction....all that stuff you said.

It was very long....almost three hours. But it never dragged.

I still haven't seen "Rogue Trader" though. I will look for it now that I have seen "Heat" and know I can go with your movie calls.

coincidentally, there is someone using that (Rogue Trader) as an ET identity. You would probably think his posts suck though.

Hope you are enjoying the monastery. Vow of silence and the rest of it. Trane with you?

Peace,
    :)RS

#36     Jan 10, 2004
  7. No TRAINING DAY with Denzel Washington???

:p

#37     Jan 10, 2004