Favorable view of Palin dipping

Discussion in 'Politics' started by insider trading, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Yes, she offers a ton of ENTERTAINMENT value.
    Can't wait to see more of Tina "Palin" Fey on SNL. :p

#31     Aug 13, 2009
  2. Radical left must keep the distraction tactics at 100% in a feeble attempt to offset this reality. Buyers remorse in full swing now. Obama has lost the independents.
    Obama Poll: Approval Falls to 47 Percent
    2009-08-13 07:01am

A new survey published Thursday shows that President Barack Obama's overall approval rating has slipped to 47 percent, the lowest level by far in his nascent administration.
    http://www.newsroomamerica.com/politics/story.php?id=462992

#32     Aug 13, 2009
  3. Palin 2012 !! Please help us support her!

#33     Aug 13, 2009
  4. Mercor

Mercor

Here is a link to Palin's face book and an article she wrote about her "death board" comments.

What a well written article with great footnoting.

Its sad how most people make their opinion about Sarah from some late night comedy show and some nervous interviews early on.

Yesterday President Obama responded to my statement that Democratic health care proposals would lead to rationed care; that the sick, the elderly, and the disabled would suffer the most under such rationing; and that under such a system these “unproductive” members of society could face the prospect of government bureaucrats determining whether they deserve health care.

The President made light of these concerns. He said:

“Let me just be specific about some things that I’ve been hearing lately that we just need to dispose of here. The rumor that’s been circulating a lot lately is this idea that somehow the House of Representatives voted for death panels that will basically pull the plug on grandma because we’ve decided that we don’t, it’s too expensive to let her live anymore....It turns out that I guess this arose out of a provision in one of the House bills that allowed Medicare to reimburse people for consultations about end-of-life care, setting up living wills, the availability of hospice, etc. So the intention of the members of Congress was to give people more information so that they could handle issues of end-of-life care when they’re ready on their own terms. It wasn’t forcing anybody to do anything.” [1]

The provision that President Obama refers to is Section 1233 of HR 3200, entitled “Advance Care Planning Consultation.” [2] With all due respect, it’s misleading for the President to describe this section as an entirely voluntary provision that simply increases the information offered to Medicare recipients. The issue is the context in which that information is provided and the coercive effect these consultations will have in that context.

more.....

http://www.facebook.com/sarahpalin?v=app_2347471856&viewas=6190&ref=search

#34     Aug 13, 2009
  5. It may be "well-written" to someone with a 6th grade education such as yourself, but nowhere in her rhetoric is there anything FACTUAL that supports her claim of there being "Death Panels" in Obama's health care plan, or anything remotely close to doctors being paid by medicare for involuntary "end-of-life" counseling that has anything to do with euthanasia.

I dare you to provide otherwise.

#35     Aug 13, 2009

6. Sarah Palin is saying this "Advance Care Consultation Planning" is will be "coercive". That is a fear tactic she use now to scare old people and very sick people about Obama.
    What is wrong with a Obama plan to have the doctor explaining to people the options they have? How many doctors now will say to a patient who is dieing that one more operation is not worth a suffering for the patient, so it is better if they have the last days in peace? But some doctors do not have "consulting" with that patient, and do that operation for the money, with no compassion for the patients last days to be peaceful. So which is worse?

#36     Aug 13, 2009
  7. She make me sick how she use her fear tactics to old people for her political agenda. My grandfather see through her lies, and so do many people.

#37     Aug 13, 2009