Fauci out?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cuddles, Mar 23, 2020.

1. jem

jem

I hope everyone here realizes all these people and all these responses are educated guesses.
    We all knew so very little about about what would really be good for the country in the long run.
    We don't know how bad the economy just got cratered or how bad it will or if it would have been better to let this virus run its course naturally.

The medical advisors suggested knocking the ramp lower to spread out the need for hospital beds and treatment. That does not mean a superior outcome overall for Americans or the world.

All these clowns are preaching social distancing because they are brainwashed into thinking its best. They are shutting down beaches and exercise trails in San Diego because people were not six feet away and ocd fools were on social media complaining.

Really?... you think you know social distancing is best? Best for who? best for what? its best to shut people out of exercise and mental health? really what a bunch of drones we have.

Let me just bring up a question in case you are convinced you know the media or politicians or the CDC or doctors knows whats best ...
    Would you rather have had your parents exposed two weeks ago or two weeks from now?

How about yourself?

If most likely you only get it once... wouldn't it be great for the future of our country if we were already past the crest and starting to rebound....

We all need to think bigger. Nobody really knows what is best for the country as a whole. Not the experts... Not Trump... not Fauci not any one on TV or in the media...It's all guess work.

last night I had a rabid anti trump friend telling me that trump fucked it all up because of the testing.

I said... so the fuck what... . how can you know testing would have created better results for the country.

He said isolation... and I said its all guess work... they tell us 80 to 100 percent of us will be exposed... So tell me you know testing matters.
    It may have changed things... but it might not have changed things for the better... overall.

And that is my point... you don't know.

Scientific Models are not reality. Nothing says that the weight a scientist or doctor assigns to hospitals beds... is the weight that should be chosen for the best outcome overall.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    #41     Mar 24, 2020
    vanzandt likes this.
  2. Cuddles

Cuddles

Fauci back. Kudlow in4 the pump

#42     Mar 24, 2020
  3. Bugenhagen

Bugenhagen

The voice of the Dunning Kruger lawyer speaks. Lawyers talk and so they think everything is just a matter of opinion, other professions do. Experts? pah! you mean those climate and economist guys?

Worthless.

#43     Mar 24, 2020
  4. jem

jem

once again the leftist douche who lies about being an american attacks the messenger rather than the message....

if you disagree with my conclusion explain how I was wrong.
    it's possible I was wrong. that's the thing... I am will to learn why we should be banned from hiking or going to the beach.

Why its been great for the country to see friends and neighbors lose their businesses... My brother lost his golf teaching job yesterday after moving to Texas for a very nice position. Two of my neighbors businesses are shut down. One told me his is paying half his employees but won't be able to keep it going much longer. One is about to lose the few million dollars he has saved over the last five years.

but... lets see you step up say you know that gov newsome has made the right decisions.

I want you to tell me how you know that slowly the ramp down was better for American as a whole. We don't even know the outcomes is going to be changed... really.

by the way... many lawyers do more than talk. To cross an expert many lawyers need to develop deep understandings themselves.

When giving expert opinion in their baliwick... experts can be very useful. But, before you defer to their expert opinion the foundation for the acceptance of their opinion has to be laid.

right now there is a reason we are not seeing much in the way of expert opinion about this...

its because the data is so limited and the outcome is going to hard to change... absent a vaccine.

see...

https://www.businessinsider.com/scientist-simulated-coronavirus-pandemic-deaths-2020-1

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    #44     Mar 24, 2020
  5. Bugenhagen

Bugenhagen

Hmm, should I bother reading his stuff when he drops the caps? Nah. FB_IMG_1585096979025.jpg

But I did read the first line.

Why TF would anyone lie about being an American? It is not a badge if honor, quite the opposite. Country just surrendered to the Taliban, more vets committed suicide in tbe last 10 years than died in Vietnam. The men are hopeless. Or is it the women that everyone is after? Yeah..

#45     Mar 24, 2020
  6. LS1Z28

LS1Z28

Maybe Fauci was actually there yesterday and we didn't see him because he's so short. :D

upload_2020-3-24_22-9-9.png

#46     Mar 24, 2020
    Tsing Tao and Wallet like this.
  7. Bugenhagen

Bugenhagen

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    #47     Mar 25, 2020
  8. exGOPer

exGOPer

9. jem

jem

1. you lied repeatedly about being an American until I reminded you of your original posts here..
    Why? Perhaps instead being seen as a foreign troll having no right to comment on American politics... you wanted to be seen as a domestic troll.

2. You seem too small brained to understand that calling out a lack of expertise and a lack of reasoned opinion about improving overall outcomes is far different than claiming expertise.

3. Finally, let me show you the makings of a real discussion which we should be having here...

let's remember that initially there were calls to let this virus run it course... for instance govts in the UK (where you also claim to be from) were talking about that until they realized their hospital beds might be over run.

It would be interesting to see some experts in America talk about the trade office between herd immunity and tamping down the ramp when most of us are going to be exposed sooner or later anyway...

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/...-herd-immunity-to-beat-coronavirus-we-need-it

"Still, the question of herd immunity’s role in slowing the coronavirus lingers because of how it might determine the success of vaccine development—and the chances that the virus may flare back up once social distancing policies end."...

"We were expecting herd immunity to build,” Azra Ghani, an infectious disease researcher at Imperial College London, said in a press briefing on March 16. “We now realize it’s not possible to cope with that.”

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    #49     Mar 25, 2020
  10. Back to our regularly scheduled programming..

Fauci was appointed to his position in 1984!!!!!!!!

Joined NIH in 1968.

He is 79...

He is a real gem in the government serving over 50 years. He should be in charge of this and no one else. Trump and Oence should step aside and let him run the show.

#50     Mar 26, 2020