Father 180 Days Jail, Daughter Failed GED Math Test

Discussion in 'Politics' started by FightTheFuture, May 14, 2008.

1. achilles28

achilles28

Another great example of why this Country is going down the tubes.

See the recent cop beatdown tapes?

America is becoming land of the Bully.

2. Arnie

Arnie

They should jail the teachers too.:D

3. It was a court order.

"Another great example of why this Country is going down the tubes."

Why, because parents are held accountable for their kids?

Jail teachers? Perfect. The judge jailed the Dad, he failed as a teacher to his daughter. What did he teach her? Defy a court order?

The judge had the lesson plan, wouldn't you say?

4. Are you joking?

5. Just another reason to choose a childless life. One less chance of going to jail for not being able to make someone else follow the laws. One less career interrupter. I'm not having no stinkin' kids. What if they get into trouble as children tend to do or have a learning disability?

What happened to individual responsibility? Why should everyone be put to blame except the individual responsible? Even the 18 year old, adult daughter accepted the blame. Take away her privileges to government assistance if she doesn't want to take education seriously.

Cast the net far and wide and avoid the individual responsible. Brilliant! That should encourage more bad behavior from the real responsible individuals, thus increasing the problems, thus advancing our criminal justice system careers! The industry is growing! Well, at least something is growing and not leaving the country, yet.

You cannot threaten not even encourage some children to do anything for fear of, "I'm calling the cops!" Bribing them will break you. That's the way some kids are no matter how well the parents tried to raise them.

For you city slickers, you can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink, no matter how hard you try.

What if she has a learning disability? She passed all exam areas except math.

How much will 180 days in jail cost the taxpayers? $15,000? That would cover a lot of counseling and even a private tutor.

180 days in jail? Damn drunk drivers that kill entire families get less time than that. Literally.

6. Seriously, I don't know if I am joking or not. Curious what other people thought. The judge probably saw it that way (contempt of court order). We don't know the whole story.

7. achilles28

achilles28

The women (19) is an adult.

Her father can't be held responsible for her actions.

Under our Law, people are held accountable for their own actions. Not what another adult does.

Whether the Judge can order the women get a GED - with criminal consequences for noncompliance - very doubtful.