Fatah vs. Hamas If we can't kill Jews we'll kill each other

Discussion in 'Politics' started by drmarkan, Feb 3, 2007.

1. You really don't believe this, do you, you are smarter than that. The hostilities did not start with the occupation and they will not end with the end of it. Israel was attacked, threatened and not recognized prior to 1967 when arab states tried to invade it and ended up defeated and occupied. The Israeli withdrawals from Lebanon and Gaza also prove that unilateral concessions don't solve the problem, if anything they enbolden Israel's enemies and suggest that they (the enemies) should keep doing what they've been doing.

UN resolution 242 does not require Israel to withdraw unilaterally either, it requires Israel to withdraw in exchange for peace and security guarantees and not to pre-1967 armistice lines but to newly negotiated borders. And this is exactly how it should be resolved, through negotiations and comprehensive peace agreement. Unilateral Israeli concessions will solve nothing.

PS in your quote above you are wondering whether Israel actually wants peace. Israel made peace with Egypt and Jordan and gave back every inch of their land, Israel supported Clinton's extremely general peace proposal that Arafat rejected without a counter-offer. Every one of Israel's mainstream political parties anticipates a two state solution.

Now a question to you, can you name one action by the Palestinians showing that they want peace? Can you name one Palestinian (or arab for that matter) political party, organization or movement openly promoting peace with Israel and a two state solution among palestinians and arabs. Something tells me I will not get an answer to this question.

#31     Feb 9, 2007
  2. roncer

roncer

Relying on US news coverage is like hoping to get honest objective reporting from a Global Corporation like Enron or Halliburton. The deck is deceptively stacked my friends.

Our Global weapons corporations love Isreal. More,more,more.

#32     Feb 9, 2007
  3. Yes, that's when your friends, the Andromedans, will come down and take over the earth, giving you a nice juicy admin position. Of course you will have to undergo the surgery that allows you to breathe methane, their normal atmosphere, but that's a small price to pay, isn't it? A small price to pay for the chance to 're-educate' all those dirty Jews, isn't it? bsboy?

Too bad ratgirl is gone. You two made a pleasant sketch duo.

#33     Feb 9, 2007
  4. roncer

roncer

5. The '67 war happened less than two decades after Israel's founding; a founding still fresh in their memories and one which Arabs saw as injustice. To all but Jewish eyes, Arabs grievances in '67 (and '73) appear entirely reasonable. However, with the passage of time, large numbers of Arabs have come to accept the existence of the Israeli state. What remains, and probably forever will remain, unacceptable, is Israel's hold on the west bank and east Jerusalem. And that too, from non-Jewish eyes, is completely understandable.

So if peace is at the foremost of Israeli minds, why on earth persist in settling Palestinian land and keeping Palestinians not only occupied, but under virtual lockdown?

And I think you are forgetting the tiny matter of all those hundreds of thousands of Arabs Israel expelled from their homes. Surely any 'comprehensive' peace ought to include just recompense for them -- such as, you know, allowing the back into the country. Since that is unlikely course of action, Arab grievances appear to me completely justifiable.

None of this is really America's problem at all, and the only reason some believe to be is because of decades of (very successful) zionist propaganda. However, if America insists on playing favorites, there seems to me a clear front runner there, and it's not Israel.

#35     Feb 9, 2007
  6. roncer

roncer

7. The '67 war happened less than two decades after Israel's founding; a founding still fresh in their memories and one which Arabs saw as injustice.
    Just because Arabs saw it as injustice does not mean it was injustice, as a matter of fact, the entire non-muslim world was on Israel's side (and still basically is, most european countries defend Israel's right to exist).

To all but Jewish eyes, Arabs grievances in '67 (and '73) appear entirely reasonable.
    Nonsense, they start wars, they lose wars, they refuse peace, they resort to violence and terrorism, their grievances may appear reasonable to right wing racists like you and KKK and left wing fringe radicals like Jimmy Carter and Z10 but hardly to anyone else.

However, with the passage of time, large numbers of Arabs have come to accept the existence of the Israeli state.
    I am yet to see any evidence of that. As I expected you completely avoided naming a single arab organization, party or movement promoting peace with Israel ON ANY CONDITIONS AND WITHIN ANY BORDERS. Sorry but your baseless declaration is hardly good enough.

What remains, and probably forever will remain, unacceptable, is Israel's hold on the west bank and east Jerusalem. And that too, from non-Jewish eyes, is completely understandable.
    That must be why they turned down Clinton's peace proposal giving them back the West Bank, Gaza and East Jerusalem. Moreover, I don't recall Arafat making a counter-offer and spelling out on what condition he would have agreed to peace with Israel.

So if peace is at the foremost of Israeli minds, why on earth persist in settling Palestinian land and keeping Palestinians not only occupied, but under virtual lockdown?
    Because like me they don't take seriously your baseless claim that their withdrawal from the West Bank will bring peace and recognition any more than their withdrawal from Lebanon and Gaza did. You are making an assertion which is not based on reality and then wonder why Israel does not live up to your completely flawed vision. Duh!

And I think you are forgetting the tiny matter of all those hundreds of thousands of Arabs Israel expelled from their homes.
    But that's not exactly what happened, is it?

"Some cases of expulsion are well-documented, such as in Lydda and Ramle. In other cases, such as in Beersheba and Safed, the Arabs fled before Jewish troops had entered.[3] Paradoxically, there were instances of Jewish leaders requesting that resident Arabs stay, as well as Arab leaders who called for evacuation of civilian Arabs from the war zone.[4] How much each factor has contributed is disputed."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_exodus

And how about 900,000 jewish refugees who were expelled from arab countries after Israel was created:
    Of the nearly 900,000 Jewish refugees, approximately 600,000 were absorbed by Israel; the remainder went to Europe and the Americas. Today, almost half of Israel's Jewish citizens are the original refugees and their descendants...These refugees were forced to abandon virtually all of their property, especially as they fled from the most hostile countries: Egypt, Syria, Iraq, and Libya.

These refugees were gradually absorbed and integrated into the Israeli society, a substantial logistical achievement, without help from the United Nations' various refugee organizations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_exodus_from_Arab_lands

What kind of compensation do you think they are entitled to? Or only Palestinian refugees (caused by and large by their own actions) count?

#37     Feb 10, 2007
  8. How about "organizations" like the coutries of Egypt and Jordan? You yourself admit they've made peace with Israel.

Lol, that is RICH. I used to think that though hard-nosed, you were reasonable and sought a reasonable solution. Guess you're a "there's no one to return them to!" zionist.

Oh yes it certainly is.

Furthermore, even if they left of their own accord, how does that justify not letting them back -- I mean, if Israel is to be held to the same standards as other countries?

They'll have to take it up with Egypt, Syria, Iraq, Libya, Morocco etc. It wasn't Palestinians who evicted them, lol. ("No such thing as Palestinians" etc. Yes, yes. How convenient.)

(How many Jews feel going back to Iraq, would you say? :D)

(I didn't respond to your other answers because I think you're getting a little desperate and my original points seem to easily overpower your replies. But if you insist...)

#38     Feb 10, 2007
  9. What points are you talking about?

You've failed to come up with a single arab or palestinian party, organization or movement promoting peace with Israel and a two state solution within any borders, sorry but your reference to Egypt and Jordan is a red herring in this context. You have failed to come up with a single piece of evidence showing that the Palestinians and the Arab world would make peace with Israel if it unilaterally withdrew from the territories, you certainly ignored the facts that unilateral Israeli actions did not work in Lebanon and Gaza, that Hamas vows to continue jihad against Israel forever regardless of the occupation, that Iran keeps threatening Israel regardless of the status of the occupied territories.

And finally you brought up the issue of Palestinian refugees and the right of return which everyone in the world realizes is a propaganda trick and a non-starter in any reasonable discussion about a two-state solution (well, some cash settlement can be negotiated). Yet you completely ignored the facts that I provided that by and large it was a self-inflicted problem. Moreover you dismissed the issue of 900,000 jewish refugees who were brutally kicked out of the arab land after 1948 and resettled in Israel as irrelevant and not worthy of your attention. Too bad cause it's relevant and important to Israel.

#39     Feb 10, 2007
  10. PLATO2

PLATO2

If the Jews really wanted peace, they should spend
    their 2+ Billion dollars of US yearly aid (of which the majority is spend to bribe US politicians) to rebuild Palestine and to compensate the families of the expelled, stateless refugees. This would not only make life better for Arabs, but also remove the need for AIPAC, wars in the Middle-East, and it would silence all those people who claim Israel is a racist state created as an engine-room for Jewish criminality/control world wide.

#40     Feb 10, 2007