Fat Tax...

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Blue_Ice, Nov 4, 2010.

1. burn8

burn8

Eating a lot of bread can make you really fat. There should also be a bread tax.

-burn8

#21     Nov 5, 2010
  2. huh

huh

Allow employers to charge their fat fuck employees higher premiums for their company paid health care and give significant discounts to healthier people. Fat fucks need to pay for their own suicide.

#22     Nov 5, 2010
  3. Yes there should be a fat tax.

At one time or another each and everyone of us are going to be a victim of second hand fat.

These people go back for seconds, and thirds, while the rest of the homeless in the Bronx are starving. Fat people obstruct views, "hangover" seats when you sit next to them and god forbid if there ever was a fire and they block an exit or escape route cause they are rolling around on the floor like a beached whale trying to get back up.

C'mon guys, do you have to wait for another elevator because 2-3 fat people have exceeded the weight capacity?

275 lbs should be the maximun people should weigh. I'm a strong guy and 275lbs is pretty hard to even push around let alone pick up a fully dressed person in distress.

#23     Nov 5, 2010
  4. zdreg

zdreg

it is an urban myth that there are homeless in the bronx, nyc.

#24     Nov 5, 2010
  5. mahadiga

mahadiga

6. Blue_Ice

Blue_Ice

Interesting article. Thanks for sharing.

Encouraging corporate profits disregarding the "how are those profits achieved" is just like shooting ourselves in the foot. Corporate profitability is the single largest source of unemployment. Funny thing is that as a society we've gotten to the point of "the bottom line is the only thing that matters", if there was a way to put a dollar equivalent to the cost of unemployment i bet people wouldn't have such a big appetite for higher yield in their investments (higher stock prices). In other words i'd be much happier with a little yield in investments knowing that my cost of living will increase also slowly and gradually.

Add to that the exponential growth rate of population plus the jobs lost to automation/robotics, the concept of "progress" that we have grown to love. Capitalism in its current form looks just unsustainable.

People getting creative, some nice ideas in that article, perhaps Ben's printing power should not be the only/last resource.

#26     Nov 5, 2010
  7. do you know anybody who hasnt got a broken bone once in their lifetime dumbass!!

#27     Nov 10, 2010
  8. cstfx

cstfx

Thanks, Thomas Frieden.

#28     Nov 10, 2010
  9. I think the fat tax is a bad idea. I would never advocate putting more of the citizens' money in government hands. I'm all about freedom of choice. I would support programs educating citizens on healthy food choices, exercise etc., but it is unfair to tax people because they're fat. Maybe some people like being fat, in which case they should have the freedom to be fat.

As an earlier poster mentioned, money from the "fat tax" would just go to serve more government bureaucracy and waste. Just like the proposed "bank tax". We all know those funds would go straight to the government's pockets and not to some kind of contingency fund...

#29     Nov 10, 2010
  10. The liposuction/alternate fuel source combo: an idea whose time has come. Talk about an abundant natural resource of stored energy!

#30     Nov 10, 2010