Fat fingers-Keystroke errors: How to deal with it...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by TraDaToR, Sep 14, 2007.

1. This might work, pretend that you're trading my money. Just before you execute the trade take a deep breath and focus on the task at hand. Picture in your minds eye the trade being consummated effortlessly and to perfection. Everything around you is a soft amber-golden glow. That's right, it's all good....so peaceful. Now dwell on this--if you lose my money with a fat finger mistake, I'm gonna kick your little punk ass to the moon.

I hope that helps.:p

#11     Sep 14, 2007
  2. try Ritalin . i'm not kidding.

#12     Sep 14, 2007
  3. Ritalin, Prozac and Valium---the breakfast of champions.

#13     Sep 14, 2007
  4. hit t3h market ordUrz

#14     Sep 14, 2007
  5. This usually occurs because you see an opportunity in the marketplace, and you're too eager to get in, less you miss a portion of the move. So you quickly hit the trade button, establish the position and submit before you actually think about what you're doing.

The best way to combat this is to plan your trades ahead, with orders or some other method so you know when and where you're going to get in if a particular incidence happens. If you still want to adhoc, then force yourself to think about all the fat finger mistakes you've made and double or triple check everything before submitting - realizing that if you miss a few points in the slow process, it's much cheaper than a horrible mistake.

#15     Sep 14, 2007
  6. 20mg nolvadex
    20mg exemestane
    50mcg triiodothyronine
    100mcg clenbuterol
    1mg zatiden 5x week

Say "Good bye" to fat fingers.

#16     Sep 14, 2007
  7. gnome

gnome

What about Duff?

#17     Sep 14, 2007
  8. E23

E23

Worksheets and checklists for everything related to trading.

So you can sell your trading business after you retire???

It may take a couple hundred hours of writing, and slow trading to a crawl, but eventually you won't need them.

#18     Sep 14, 2007
  9. First thought is "why are you typing?" On our platform, you click a price, click buy or sell. Click price, click + or - to adjust price, click buy or sell.

don

#19     Sep 14, 2007
  10. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

#20     Sep 15, 2007