FastTrader Futures-Trading Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by EMini-Player, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This journal is over guys. I'm taking a LONG break. And I mean it too. Closed my trading account today. I have too many other things on my plate at the moment. I'm cutting my losses short, and focusing on my other businesses.

I will only return to trading when I can give it my full attention. I really believe I can make it as a trader, but not the half-assed way that I'm currently trading. Trading is like any other business, and requires more than full-time attention. I've learned a lot in the process, and don't regret getting into trading. Sure, it cost me a few grand, but considering the amount of info and knowledge I picked up, it was worth it.

I'll still be on ET since I've made a lot of good friends here, but as far as this journal goes, it's THE END.

Regards,

-Fast :cool:

#801     Feb 11, 2004
  2. You will be missed - this journal was fun to read as well - nothing wrong with stepping aside - I've got a feeling we haven't seen the last of you.

Vaya Con Dios

#802     Feb 11, 2004
  3. Fast!?! It really saddens me to see you leave the arena... You surely were great company, and surely many here will miss you, both in the journal and in the chat room... It's like all the good guys on ET are leaving... :(

However, in the end it is of course your decision alone, and I agree in your sensibility that it requires full-time attention to succeed at this game - at least if you're focusing on intraday. If you want to get serious about trading, you will have to give something up either way. I had to essentially give up my prior full-time business, yes I had to move 300km away just to get away from it and the clients/people/fans etc associated with it! And I had to give up one of the best places in the world to live.

You'll have to give up something or a lot either way I think. I didn't seriously "cut it" until I ditched everything else for it. Day trading is a competitive full-time business. But then there's always swing trading - It's easy, it's low-effort, and you can learn a lot about the markets...

Yet I still hope that your decision to leave is not final... :(

Scientist

#803     Feb 11, 2004
  4. pspr

pspr

Probably a good decision until you can spend more time figuring out your trading plan. At first glance, day trading looks like something that one should be able to pick up in a few weeks. But, I don't think there is anyone here who has said they became long term profitable without devoting a few years of study to it.

I still think if you just looked for one or two trades in the morning and tried to catch a trend or reversal you would have been better off. But, the market recently hasn't been giving those big moves in the first hour like it used to.

#804     Feb 11, 2004
  5. Btw...you can still catch me on AIM :)

-Fast

#805     Feb 13, 2004
  6. Magna

Magna Administrator

At Fast's request this journal has been closed.

#806     Feb 13, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.