Fasting as 'an amazing way of life'.

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by themickey, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Maybe so, but sustainable lifestyle and dietary choices prevent unneeded drama. Steady wins the race, and all that.

#41     Dec 15, 2019
  2. themickey

themickey

Unneeded drama can often strike anyone when least expected.
    To be preconditioned to being a little familiar with pain is not a bad thing. :)

#42     Dec 15, 2019
  3. Try applying that thinking to your relationships and your trading, and let me know how it works out for you. :)

#43     Dec 16, 2019
  4. I do think the drop to 500-600 calories on fasting days is a bit extreme for most to handle.

I found steady 1300-1500 strict calories during a keto approach gives me more stable results and within 2-3 days I actually have to remind myself to eat v the fasting approach. I don't think the IF approach is bad, I jsut coudl not get into a good rhythm with it (especially with the travelling)

I have been on a major travel binge for 6 weeks and eating approach went right out the window (but I enjoyed it so not complaining one bit :) ).

Starting today going back to 1400-1500 fixed keto eating after looking into trying IF. I might add a day or too of fasting where I eat between certain hours and then cut myself off.

I think fasting really has to be tailored versus finding a fixed ratio from others. Best of luck.

#44     Dec 16, 2019
  5. destriero

destriero

My second 36hr fast began last night at 8pm. Obv going until 8am or later tomorrow. The first day wasn't difficult. I think the key (for me) is to stay hydrated.

#45     Dec 16, 2019
    ElCubano likes this.

6. When you say 36 hour do you mean 36 hour without anything or 500-600 calories?

Since you can go days without food but need water I certainly can see making it a whole day with nothing but water as long as the break fast is not carb heavy.

#46     Dec 16, 2019
  7. I'm really curious to see how this plan plays out. That is, in terms of both achieving your desired weight, and then maintaining it after the fasting component has run its course. Please keep us posted. I wish you the best, but it's just a bit too heroic for me. :D

#47     Dec 16, 2019
  8. destriero

destriero

0 cals for 36 hours.

I am 6'3" (hair under) and 241 lbs.

#48     Dec 16, 2019
  9. ElCubano

ElCubano

That’s enough time for the real cleaning of the cells to kick in.

#49     Dec 16, 2019
    destriero likes this.
  10. speedo

speedo

I did a Monthly 36er for years and actually looked forward to the fast....am now doing 16-8 and like the discipline of the thing. It defines the process and eliminates the off hours snacks and going to bed with undigested food. ElCubano, I never got past a second day as I felt too weak but I understand by the third, you go into ketosis and feel pretty good as you said.

#50     Dec 16, 2019