Fasting as 'an amazing way of life'.

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by themickey, Nov 10, 2019.

1. destriero

destriero

"It's not when you eat; it's who you eat"

Jeff Dahmer

#31     Dec 12, 2019
    Wheezooo likes this.
  2. destriero

destriero

I am on D1 of the 5/2 IF. I finished lunch just before Noon, so I'll eat normally after Noon tomorrow and fast again on Monday. 100% reduction in calories on fasting days, only non-caloric fluids.

51yo
    6' 2 1/2"
    241 lbs
    46" chest (C-cup)
    34" waist

Diet consists mostly of chicken, fish, veggie burgers, undenatured whey protein and whole egg (shakes).

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    #32     Dec 12, 2019
    ElCubano likes this.
  3. destriero

destriero

My fasting days will be 36 hours. 8/9pm the night before -> 8/9am on the morning after.

#33     Dec 12, 2019
  4. Sounds medieval. I know that when I don't eat for an extended period, I'm inclined to overeat.

#34     Dec 13, 2019
  5. ElCubano

ElCubano

if you get passed the third day of real fasting not intermittent with just water you will be surprised at how much energy you have and how you aren’t hungry. 1st day want to kill someone, 2nd day wanna kill urself lol , 3rd day is like a spiritual enlightenment. Super focused.

#35     Dec 13, 2019
    speedo and themickey like this.
  6. I hope not to be subjected to that kind of spiritual enlightenment in this lifetime.

#36     Dec 13, 2019
    ElCubano likes this.
  7. themickey

themickey

Makes me as grumpy as ..****.... (will leave out expletitive).
    But, no pain, no gain.
    cake-choice.jpg

#37     Dec 13, 2019
  8. ironchef

ironchef

Key word here is occasional. I eat a handful of Milk Duds, a few times a day, that is occasional.

#38     Dec 15, 2019
  9. When it comes to dieting, I think pain is usually followed by relapse. The rebound effect.

#39     Dec 15, 2019
  10. themickey

themickey

I believe prolonged bouts of pain is used to build stamina, as in boot camps.
    Dieting fads which are in some instances attempts at quick fixes where dieter doesn't push through probably rebounds with weight gain.
    Taken voluntary, fasting can be an unpleasant feeling.
    If forced due to circumstances, fasting is also unpleasant, there doesn't seem to be away around it, but pain is part of life, some experience this more than others.

It's possible pain builds character - but not sure 100%, debatable, might have something to do with frame of mind, either get better or get bitter. :)

#40     Dec 15, 2019