Fasting as 'an amazing way of life'.

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by themickey, Nov 10, 2019.

1. R1234

R1234

not really sure if lean tissue was lost but my endurance certainly is up

#21     Nov 21, 2019
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

Autophagy. Don’t know if the article mentions it b/c didn’t read it. Autophagy is the best benefit of fasting. Usually kicks in 16 hours from start of a fast. On the third day you will have plenty of energy and super uplifting. Never done intermittent.

#22     Nov 21, 2019
    destriero and themickey like this.
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

It’s actually what you eat when you eat it. Your biggest meal should be during lunch time, smallest breakfast/ dinner. You should eat when it’s light out only lol.

#23     Nov 21, 2019
  4. bln

bln

Does skipping breakfast count as intermittent fasting? I do that most days. I don't eat anything between 8-9pm to lunch at 12am next day which is like 15-16 hours without any food.

I didn't lose any weight with this, maybe because it leads to me eating more food during other hours, so total kcal intake is the same.

I have started eating Paleo diet (skip all sugar, diary and grains, eat only hunter-gather foods like whole meats, fish, seashell, vegetables, low sugar fruits, nuts, seeds, berries, etc.)

On Paleo I feel great health wise, lot's of energy, mental clarity and good feeling in the body and mind.

#24     Nov 22, 2019
  5. deaddog

deaddog

And you are not shedding pounds?

#25     Nov 22, 2019
  6. deaddog

deaddog

I'm not really looking to lose weigh just have a healthier lifestyle.
    Bacon and eggs for breakfast, salad for lunch and meat and veggies for supper. I have managed to lose a couple pounds a week. Wasn't really that much overweight 5' 10" 180 lbs; now at 168 lbs.

I gave up sugar and grains.

#26     Nov 22, 2019
  7. bln

bln

Yes I am shedding pounds. I'm consciously on reduced fat intake as I want to get rid of eleven pounds of overweight. Currently I'm shedding around two pounds a week. Then I reach my target weight I will increase both amount of food and fat to stabilize my weight.

#27     Nov 22, 2019
  8. ElCubano

ElCubano

Awesome. 510 at 168 should have you under 25 BMI.

my reply was not for losing weight it was more for when the body digest food with the least amount of effort. This is during mid day. I’m not the one saying it; it’s more an Ayurvedic blah blah blah.

Drink water 45 min after you it also helps for digestion. Liquids during a meal dilute the enzymes that tear down ur food.

#28     Nov 22, 2019
  9. deaddog

deaddog

I agree. Water is probably the best medicine going!

Never thought of that; but it makes sense.

#29     Nov 23, 2019
  10. deaddog

deaddog

I went the other way. No carbs or sugar, high fat; Keto like and I managed to lose a few pounds.

#30     Nov 23, 2019