Fastest way to lose an $1,000,000 account

Discussion in 'Trading' started by qdz2, Jan 10, 2003.

1. pair trade brokers:D
    pair trade anything in size for that matter, I just don't have the pain tolerance.
    pay haircut and commish helps too

inmate451

#41     Jan 14, 2003
  2. Ape the trades in Oddiburro's trading journal, or perhaps invest in and follow a system like 'www.Spbankbook.com' or perhaps even better, MurreyMyth

#42     Jan 15, 2003
  3. BCE

BCE

I'm voting for selling naked ops. as the best and quickest way to lose it. - not to be confused with any conjegal interactions with QQQBALL's ex - which would only be losing your dignity or for some virginity :D

#43     Jan 15, 2003
  4. This Friday (option expiration day) wait for the OEX to settle (around 4:05 or so). Then buy out of the money calls and puts during the last 10 minutes of trading.

#44     Jan 15, 2003
  5. GD2KNO

GD2KNO

Now that options have expired, had you taken my advise about buying OEX out of the money calls, your million would now be gone.

So what did you do??

#45     Jan 18, 2003
  6. Ok this is what you do......listen to me carefully..I know what I am talking about.

Trade SP E-mini Futures currently the symbol is ES H3.

Get a charting program, anyone will do. Put up some lagging technical indicators....any of them will do.

Trade off those Technical Indicators.....Develop your system and stick to it. Have confidence in your system. Work 16 hours a day trading and defining and re-defining your system.

Consistany is what we are working for.....Now, if you would like to speed up the losses and remain consisitant read below.

Use a fractal ratio method type of pyramidig style. Figure out how to reverse it!:confused:

Michael B.

#46     Jan 18, 2003
  7. dgmodel

dgmodel Guest

have some of the traders here sit at my desk between 9:30am-4pm...

#47     Jan 18, 2003
  8. Write a program that non-stop gives away the bid-ask spread on liquid stocks all day, non-stop in 100 lots or 1000 lots

#48     Jan 18, 2003
  9. These ones are from Humphrey B. Neill´s "Tape Reading and Market Tactics", first published in 1931 (BTW, a very, very little book filled with insightful little gems)

1. Put your trust in board-room gossip
    2. Believe everything you hear, especially tips.
    3. If you don´t know - guess
    4. Follow the public
    5. Be impatient
    6. Greediliy hang on for the top eighth
    7. Trade on thin margins
    8. Hold on your own opinion, right or wrong
    9. Never stay out of the market
    10. Accept small profits and large losses

#49     Jan 18, 2003
  10. BRILLIANT!!!

#50     Jan 18, 2003