Fastest way to lose an $1,000,000 account

Discussion in 'Trading' started by qdz2, Jan 10, 2003.

1. Well you could set a tight stop-loss for ES contracts. Each time it fluctuated down a tick you would lose $20,000. It could do that 50 times in one morning.

#21     Jan 10, 2003
  2. then the reverse should be true, you could trade for a tight profit, 50 times every morning.

#22     Jan 10, 2003
  3. Not really. Pretty much if you put half your money in market orders to buy, and half in market sell orders, the spread between bid and ask could eat up your money in no time.

Yeah, my original idea of trading Futures Options would do marvelously. Just send as many market buy orders as you can get filled, then resend them as sell orders once they're filled. You'd shed your million dollars in about 15 minutes at most.

You can test it if you want. Do it with $1,000. It will work just as well, and you'll get your answer.

#23     Jan 10, 2003
  4. qdz2

qdz2

This is a thread to prompt people how to lose their money but not the reverse how to profit. Please do not go off topic :)

I would use the max margin leverage to achieve the losing objective in the hot water of currency exchanges. The money can be lost in a blink of eyes. Oops, maybe it is still impossible to do it in two transactions.

:p

Have a good week end. The key is mental experiment, practice, and practice. Good luck.

#24     Jan 10, 2003
  5. Short Dollar; Long Crude, Unleaded, Gold, Euros - through fall.

Poof!

My guess.

#25     Jan 10, 2003
  6. You can fade my trades.

#26     Jan 10, 2003
  7. Give it to me to trade with...

I will guarantee that it will be gone in about 2 months...!!

I would be rich beyond my dreams right now, if I just did the opposite of what I thought...

#27     Jan 10, 2003
  8. on a "Clarence Beeks" report!

:D

#28     Jan 10, 2003
  9. Trade the Nasdaq!!! Well, it wouldn't be the FASTEST way to lose cash...

#29     Jan 10, 2003
  10. Follow Ralph Acompora from Prudential otherwise known as Ralph Make-em-poorer.

#30     Jan 10, 2003