Fastest way to lose an $1,000,000 account

Discussion in 'Trading' started by qdz2, Jan 10, 2003.

1. qdz2

qdz2

Assuming you have an $1,000,000 trading account that can trade anything and your objective is to lose the money as quickly and consistently as possible. You cannot withdraw the money and spend it by other means. What would you do?

:p

2. Babak

Babak

Listen to CNBC guest experts like Abby Cohen.

3. cheeks

cheeks

LOL. You would be broke in a few days.

4. buy far out options. in one month you could be broke

5. in this market, itl be gone in no time

6. trendy

trendy

Be a retail investor and listen to anything Henry Blodgett says

7. rs7

rs7

Buying OR selling those oex straddles will do the trick with equal effectiveness. That is what makes this market so much fun!!!

Hey, just made $0.12 on HPQ....HUGE!!!!!:confused: (of course I had to suffer first to do it).

Peace,
    :)rs7

8. TGregg

TGregg

Open an account at one of the big institutions and buy and sell 1 share of stock a whole lot of times. Maybe find a broker with some sort of automatic trading program. You'll rack up huge commissions. Also, short low-volume stock during market hours, then buy it back after hours for mind-numbingly high prices. Or, if it's not on your broker's short list, buy a ton of it and sell it after market (be sure to submit a market order with the full number of shares that you purchased).

Take as big of positions as you can. Pay as much in commission as you can. Play reverse market maker (hit the bids and the asks).

Or, I can hand you off to the next call I get about how I can double my money in 60 days with virtually no risk :D. Don't get as many of those calls as I used to.

It's way too easy to lose money. One might think it's a 50/50 game where you have a 50% chance of making money (minus commissions), but that would be a mistake.

9. taodr

taodr

The best way is write a cheque to me so I can put it in my account.

10. 1. Find a stock trading between 1 and 2 cents.

2. Write a bajillion OTC call options with a strike of $.04 to your broker for a clownishly low premium.

3. Sit back and watch the magic.

#10     Jan 10, 2003