Fastest Real Time Screener-Filter

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by drprotrader, May 16, 2003.

1. I have done some research on screeners-filters and most have some form of delay because they take snapshots...for example every two..five minutes...

Other restrictions are the population of stocks...some you put in the population...

I am looking for true real time streaming screener-filter quotes for the whole NYSE..Nasdaq population..

Does this exist...

2. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

You are correct, some of them aren't what they say they are, being true real time.

eSignal's Scanners sit on top of our real time tick servers for true real time scanning. Check it out here:

http://www.esignal.com/scanner/

Chuck

3. For example...does your screener update intervals of 2 to 5 minutes...or is it true streaming real time...similar to real time quotes..

4. You can subsribe to a satelite feed which will broadcast the entire market in real time. You can then use NeoTicker from Tickquest and define your own custom scans against the entire market. You can set these scans to run at specific intervals. You can also set up quote sheets with formulas defining your scans, have these quote sheets set up alarms when candidates are met or have the quote sheet sort in real time. You can also run scans against the 300K symbols at a specific interval, narrow down the list to a more managable number, have this scan send the symbols to the quote sheet and then the quote sheet processes this in real-time.

5. nitro

nitro

I am very interested in this. AFAIK, the problem is that satellite is already delayed (in comparison to Internet delivery over a high speed connection) by about an extra two seconds or so for the signal to bounce to the satellite and back to my dish, so in some sense it is not "hard" real time. For most people's purposes here though, I think it would work.

As to Neoticker, one worry I have is NT reliance on M3 for it's interaction with DTN's satellite. While it is currently "free," if they ever decide to charge for the thing, it isn't cheap. Further, I have no idea about the stability of MarketStream as a company. If MS goes caput, we are left dangling with one expensive piece of software.

In spite of these misgivings, I find the possibilty intruiging and I am itching to do a trial.

nitro