Fastest real time news

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by pragmatic-trader, Aug 25, 2020.

1. What's the fastest news service for US cash equities trading? I heard that Benzinga is not the fastest but am not sure which one is

2. Tradex

Tradex

The "big dogs" will ALWAYS get the news before anybody else.

If you are trying to profit from a "fast" news service it won't work, ever, unless you are already a member of the Big Dogs Club.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
    ChipShotTrader and qlai like this.
  3. Do you know a service faster than Benzinga Pro?

4. Tradex

Tradex

Your "question" is obviously an advertisement for Benzinga Pro, try to be more subtle next time, we are not stupid you know.

ChipShotTrader, Turveyd and ElCubano like this.
  5. You claim not to be stupid but then you write a stupid thing like that? :)

6. Tradex

Tradex

If you were in the financial "news" business and you knew that OPEC was going to announce that it would greatly limit its crude oil production for the rest of the year, for instance, would you immediately go long oil futures in a big way (and make 10 or $20 millions in just a few days) or would you broadcast it to your $19.99 a month subscribers first?

Come on.

In the financial markets, when the "news" reaches the retail traders it's already an old fart.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
  7. Just make the news . Blow up a refinery or something

Nobert likes this.
  8. Your example is regarding macro catalysts as well as quantitative numbers which are more efficient and internalize into the price almost immediately. I'm talking about stock specific catalysts which require some understanding of the sector and stock.

For example $SGLB today.

upload_2020-8-25_17-37-46.png

I got this PR at 8:33:39am which was 3 minutes later than faster services. I know because a trader I speak to that on Benzinga it was released at 8:31:00am. (I am in no way affiliated with Benzinga, I don't even use them, look at my post history and it's hard to think I'm some new account shill just set up for BZ)

At 8:34:00am (which is AFTER my SLOW news service printed) the price was $3.93 then took 5 minutes to spike up to $7.00. If I got it through BZ I could have been first print.

But BZ is not even that fast apparently. I'm asking the community what is faster than BZ so I can use that instead of BZ.

9. Tradex

Tradex

Nah, just colonize a rich oil producing country, it's much easier (say you want to "restore" democracy and bring "peace" for instance, that should work in most cases).

stochastix likes this.
  10. Turveyd

Turveyd

The Big Dogs have departments, which estimate the news ahead of the news very accurately, so they've already positioned themselves for the upcoming news.

#10     Aug 25, 2020
    Space Alchemist and Tradex like this.