Fastest Order Execution Futures Broker

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by GipsyMonkey, Sep 1, 2021.

1. Thanks for the help, let's see if anyone else slide in this thread. Scalper guys, make a sound if you are here.

#11     Sep 1, 2021
  2. 2rosy

2rosy

google execution services and plug into a good infrastructure. And brokers do matter if they are risk checking your orders prior to submitting or generally slow in reporting fills.

#12     Sep 1, 2021
    GipsyMonkey likes this.
  3. p0box4

p0box4

That's why i said under the same conditions.

#13     Sep 1, 2021
  4. traider

traider

colocation is not that useful if you are discretionary. Your reaction time is too long

#14     Sep 1, 2021
    GipsyMonkey and p0box4 like this.
  5. p0box4

p0box4

Not only that, but if you are manually trading on a colocated server there is no more advantage since you still need to connect to the server in the first place, so it just adding another step in the process. It's only useful for automated trading.

#15     Sep 1, 2021
    rb7 and Overnight like this.
  6. SunTrader

SunTrader

What does the timestamp show on a typical trade - as it relates to when you hit send? And as asked previous - what market, order type, time of day etc?

#16     Sep 1, 2021
  7. if you place a limit order, the order is sent over to the server and it stays there, therefore, it shouldn't be affected whether it was made manually or not (from my understanding).

Mainly commodities market during news. From my experience, a normal retail trader doesn't stand a chance to get a good fill, I was wondering how to get an edge.

The order types I tried to work with during news are stop limit orders, I guess they are the worst. I want to try place some FOK orders with a fast execution broker that has some kind of good execution. The ones I have been using so far they are just terrible.

If I send any order that is not a market one and my order is on a co-located server, I should get a better fill than a random guy who is just rerouting orders through his/her broker to the exchange, right? At least it makes logically sense to me, maybe I am wrong.

I do not exclude the option of writing some code and put some algo to do it for me, but if a limit order is sent to the exchange and it just sits there, I don't see the point of developing something in C++ / Python and co. to do the same job of sending an order and waiting for it to get filled.

#17     Sep 1, 2021
  8. I just made up a google sites with the chart pic below:

https://sites.google.com/view/chartrandom/home

can you see that squiggle I drew? Who is getting filled there? Average retail traders get filled at the middle of the green candle for sure LOL

#18     Sep 1, 2021
  9. Whoever has the fastest algo and infrastructure to trade the news, I guess.

#19     Sep 1, 2021
    GipsyMonkey likes this.
  10. 2rosy

2rosy

risk checks can be drastically different depending on who does or doesn't do them. Unless you meant the same condition only being the speed of light

#20     Sep 1, 2021