fastest news feed / website?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by z32000, Apr 2, 2007.

1. z32000

z32000

I usually go to forexfactory.com to review the economic calendar each day. Does anyone know if there is a faster news feed or website that would display announcements faster?

By the way, on this site... "actual" results are either red or green which stands for worst than forecast or better than forecast. Then does this mean, red will always mean the market will be down and green will mean the market will be up?

2. notouch

notouch

You'd have to pay for a Bloomberg or Reuters subscription for that I'm afraid.

Oh and of course yes, green ALWAYS means market up and red ALWAYS means market down. Trading is so simple!!!

3. z32000

z32000

so for example... when the Fed's increase interest rates... I presume this usually means the market go down...

so even if the "actual" results are higher then the "expected" result in respect to interest rates, the "actual" result will be in red not green?

4. Ah, if only it were that simple.

5. z32000

z32000

I hear ya...actually, i just went back and tried to correlate a few graphs to the data sput out from the economic calendar.
    It doesn't seem like the colors go hand in hand with the movement direction.

One quick question, it says that today...
    St. Louis Fed President Poole Speaks --- 12:30 EST

Does this mean there is suppose to be movement in the stock market at 12:30 EST.... or should it be minutes later after he speaks?

6. Well, if you look at the 1 minute chart for EUR/USD, you'd see some nice swings up and down for the last 30 minutes.

Very nice, very tradable and I don't give a sh1t what the old geezer is saying.

7. Surdo

Surdo

Keep an eye on the color of Poole's tie, if it's RED I would be Bearish.

sudso

8. z32000

z32000

Can you please explain what you been by Poole's tie?
    Thanks

9. notouch

notouch

It's only bearish if the tie is more red than expected.

10. z32000

z32000

tie as in neck tie?

#10     Apr 2, 2007