fast way to 1mln

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by radolym, Apr 19, 2006.

If you work with 200K what is the best way to make 1mln in 2 years?

1. Trend-following: hold stocks for 3-6 months

10 vote(s)
    11.9%
  2. Swing-trading: hold stocks for 1-10 days

19 vote(s)
    22.6%
  3. Day-trading

13 vote(s)
    15.5%
  4. Trade Futures

42 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. To answer the simple question of 'fastest way to 1 million', I would go with futures trading - day trading and swing trading.

#21     Apr 25, 2006
  2. FOREX way to go! why you need to wait 2 years? i am up more than 100% in 2 weeks,that means 400,000 in 2 weeks

#22     Apr 25, 2006
  3. Peluska

Peluska

Do it only getting 3,000 to 4,000 a day only Daytrading on stocks!

This is easy as 1, 2, 3 :

You only have to make a strategy plan and work only on daytrading on stocks that have a good trend daily, and dont keep overnight positions. Since January I am compoundly over 500%. Only you have to a find stocks with very blowout volume and easily start a entry strategy and an exit strategy on each day with 4 to 6 stocks daily. Remember to make a stop loss for each stock that has more than 1.5%-3%(depends) below the entry point and 3%-6% on the upside of the entry watching realy close so you identify a retrace or a breakout on it and go further until it indicates a large retrace respectively with its volume. I have a great strategy and never lost a nickel. Remember you are the only one that can control you money until you have to pay tax on it! Happy trading for all!

I made my earnings today on

JBLU entry on 9.78, exit on 10.64 8.8% Gain
    ZRAN entry on 27.62, exit on 29.11 5.4% Gain

P.S. Remember this stock had over 10M of volume. I find only stocks with great momentum since that is my philosophy. I dont read news, earning schedule, TA charts analysis, neither level II. I only focus on intraday high volume and that is the basics for me for daytrading only on one day, not swingtrade. I interpret the volume like the sentiment of all investors in that stock and find what is the next movement. Discipline is the way you can take that 200K to 1Million not in 2 years not in 1.6 neither one. You can make the Million in months. Remember perseverence and discipline are the methods to get rich.

#23     Apr 25, 2006
  4. I agree 30-40 is a little high. I was using high volume numbers to indicate the type of leverage he could get with roughly 30,000 in his account.

#24     Apr 25, 2006
  5. I think this is a very good point.

I would like to discuss luck, and its affect on my trading. I am an active high volume trader. I take quick profit and losses. Every so often because I make so many trades I get LUCKY and a profitable quick scalp will become a momentum play. I will be able to hold the trade for sometimes 5 times my average profit.

There can be a problem with this windfall. Sometimes I do not view this as luck, rather I get cocky and think my trading was responsible for this great profit.
    Then I seem to change my style and begin holding all my trades for a longer period of time looking for the big move. Obviously then I lose discipline. I usually wake up after I have a losing day.

Luck can be a very deceiving beast!!!

#25     Apr 26, 2006