"Fast Volatility"

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by tc5, Oct 4, 2005.

1. tc5

tc5

I don't have much experience trading futures, but so far I have noticed something in my experiences. I am not so good (so far) in trading slow-moving futures with large spreads. I have made a few killings when the futures was extremely fast-moving and volatile... I would just following the movements up and down, playing both directions. It would be entirely discretionary, but I would have some sense of when I would want to get in/out based on some sense of the range due to the short-term volatility.

Does this make sense to anyone? I've never heard anyone talking of this (what I term "fast volatility").

I have a job and other responsibilities that keep me busy, so I have a hard time trading more often to see how consistent I can be.

2. "..ummm could it be.....Trading bubble.."

-ChurchLady

3. tc5

tc5

I notice you post "Trading Bubble" a lot. I kind of agree, and I can see how my original post can be viewed as contributing towards that bubble.

I do look at the usual things other people do, just on a shorter time frame. I keep rough exit points in my mind. I look at S/R and the price/volume action mainly.

Maybe I'll prove to myself eventually how stupid this kind of trading is.

Do you think of yourself as contributing to the trading bubble? If you are different, how so?

4. tc5,
    This type of strategy will not work in trading,

don't you think everybody can do the same thing you are doing?