Fast Trade

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by daydreaming, May 13, 2003.

1. Find Risk Less and PM him. He is the Fast Trade man to talk to. I have been in their office numerous times. Risk Less is my friend from 10 years ago. He swears by his product.

#11     May 19, 2003
  2. i talked to riskless about adding bracket trader 3 months ago. unfortuneately "tom" did not think having a trading platform with this feature important. oh well. how can a scalper/trader who trades HIS OWN MONEY explain the importance of this feature to a non trader.

#12     May 20, 2003
  3. I have used different trading platforms and my vote goes to IB TWS plus bracket trader or ninja trader.

It's stable, easy to use, has all the features a scalper can dream of and it's free.

#13     May 20, 2003
  4. marathon man........... i agree with you 110% BUT

#14     May 20, 2003
  5. it would be nice if IB could make any attemp at all to improve their customer service...............plus once a year tell a customer who gives them $21000 gross in commissionS............POCKET CHANGE TO IB....................HEY LARRY.............THANKS FOR THE BUSINESS.

#15     May 20, 2003
  6. Hi Larry, for unknown reasons they do not like any suggestions with respect to their trading platform.

#16     May 20, 2003
  7. Larry,

I agree with you but customer service and trading platform are two different things. I have never had to call IB and all my trades being bracket trades, this is even less likely now.

FX,

I don't know FastTrade very well but I think that a company MUST listen to their customers if this company wants to survive in today competitive markets.

#17     May 20, 2003
  8. MARATHON MAN.........THE main reason i am still an IB customer is becasue of bracket trader. as you stated with bracket trader customer service phone people and phone #"s have vanished from my thoughts. if you jtrader brokers and others are reading this ............. TIME TO GET WITH THE PROGRAM.........

#18     May 20, 2003
  9. Larry,

I want to clear a few points up concerning my opinion about Bracket trader.

1. I think that it is a great feature and I submitted it for addition to our enhancements.

2. It is behind several very large projects, so the timing is the question.

3. I am a Trader and I still trade most days in addition to my experience trading at a large Institution for over 11 years. Your words were not lost on someone with no experience. The majority of the High Volume Traders that use our system did not have an interest in the Bracket trader. They are more intersted in SPEED.

The major problem with Bracket Trader is that it is INTRUSIVE to the system in a fast moving market. If the front-end is forced to constantly pull and enter new stops it may impede the performance of the FFastFill System. This is something that I was not interested in doing. It may sell more screens, but it will create more problems than benefits.

In spite of this, the FFastFill develoment team is going to eventually produce and test it. If the impact is minor they will release it in the future, but there are definitiely more important and vital improvements in the hopper already.

To be clear, I am no longer running FFastTrade as of May 31st. I have decided to explore building a Proprietary trading and brokerage operation for Options and Futures. However, I remain steadfast that FFastFill is a very good system, so I have agreed to stay on as a consultant for the next year.

Risk Less

Tom

#19     Jun 8, 2003
  10. JT47319

JT47319

Anyways, does Bracket Trader keep the orders native to Globex? I believe MB Trading's version of Bracket Trader, ie TTO, is kept on the server.

Interesting, any details you'd care to give us? Best wishes on your new endeavor!

#20     Jun 8, 2003