Fast Stochastics alternatives

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by mmazuri, Jul 9, 2019.

1. %%
    SLOW sto;
    but both don't do that well with trends. I accidently printed a chart without volume+ no problem there also @ least for a 3 year chart...….. I did go back + make some volume notes.Better yet, since slo sto measure closing price...….. I measure price myself, a lot... [Edit note delayed, fast sto gave me so many signals/false profit signals, couldn't find a use for] that…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    #11     Jul 14, 2019
  2. NQurious

NQurious

That really depends upon how you were using the fast stoch and why you wish to find an alternative. As far as indicators go, I have found fast stoch %k to be among the most useful - but that is based upon my use of it and the price action context in which it is being calculated.

What is it you want the fast stoch to show you that you do not feel it is showing you?

#12     Jul 14, 2019
    formikatrading and speedo like this.
  3. Dizaj

Dizaj

I am also not sure what is your current setup as you are looking to “slow” your stochastics. Most commonly used are Moving Average, Bollinger Bands and Relative Strength Index but time frame might differ in setup. So, try to play a little bit on demo account before you apply it on real account

#13     Jul 24, 2019

4. LOL! Adaptive Stoch? Now I know you are a lot dumber than I thought you were. What a loser, talking about stochastics. This is so funny!

No wonder you are always pissed all the time. You are hung on indicators that don't work!

I thought it was because you were stuck in Colombia!

#14     Dec 11, 2020