Fast Money- Tim Seymour's idiotic claim

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by NY_HOOD, Jan 7, 2016.

1. why doesn't Tim Cook just say China is strong? It made Apple rally the last time so I don't see why it shouldn't work again.

#11     Jan 7, 2016
  2. Sig

Sig

US was concerned about Greece because it's part of the EU and represented a potential unwinding of the euro monetary union. You may or may not agree that this was possible, but it was the reason for concern in the U.S., not any linkage between the U.S. and Greek economies. It's apples and oranges to China!

#12     Jan 7, 2016
  3. S2007S

S2007S

I wish I can find that segment...if he actually said that I totally agree with what you said ..I agree that that's probably the most foolish thing to say...you have to be a complete idiot to believe for a second that our markets...our economy...our world economy would not be effected by China...I have said a thousand million times before that once China is done the world is done....China is the world. Don't believe for a second that a slowdown in China wouldn't hurt the US economy. It would have a huge great negative on US growth if China would fall into a deep recession. How he doesn't understand that is beyond me...I don't think he should be on that show if he thinks China's problems are their own problems.. China's problems are the world's problems and everyone will notice that soon enough.

#13     Jan 7, 2016
  4. S2007S

S2007S

Exaclty ...Greece is a spec compared to china and we know what happened when Greece was having their grey days....get ready for something 100x worse when China goes down.

#14     Jan 7, 2016
  5. Sig

Sig

Let's break this down. You make a bunch of stuff and import hardly any stuff. Your economy goes down, it doesn't impact anyone else's exports, because you don't import much. Presumably the stuff you export becomes cheaper, since sinking economies mean fewer jobs and hence less upward wage pressure. So how does China sinking impact the U.S.? You could say China is a big buyer of U.S. Treasuries, so if their economy sinks they stop buying Treasuries, demand goes down so required yield goes up, which is true. However increasing yield on Treasuries hardly equals "the world is done"! You have to methodically think through these things... As I mentioned above, potential unraveling of the euro common currency is a completely different thing given the trade ties between the U.S. and the Eurozone, hence the concern about Greece despite its small economy.

#15     Jan 7, 2016
  6. only until they find out that they have to do their own thinking and due diligence

#16     Jan 7, 2016
  7. Autodidact

Autodidact

You should be a Hollywood writer, your thoughts are usually very dramatic :)

#17     Jan 7, 2016
  8. S2007S

S2007S

Thanks...I think I will be a Hollywood writer after the Dow breaks 12,000

:p:p:p:p:D:D:D:D:D

#18     Jan 13, 2016