Fast Money is GARBAGE

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by The Kin2, May 18, 2007.

1. timcar

timcar

The one thing that most upsets me about CNBC is all the laughing the reporters are constantly doing while on the air.

Joe Kernen is the king: It seems after every question he asks (Joe) must laugh or make a stupid comment.

Today it was Erin Burnett with the rats and Cramer just laughing away at it. Report some real information and stop with the joking.

PLEASE people just e-mail CNBC and tell them to stop with all laughing then more people would watch.

#81     Aug 24, 2007
  2. CNBC Europe is much more serious. NO joking or laughing.

#82     Aug 24, 2007
  3. empee

empee

i enjoy this show and think its the only good trading show on TV by FAR. I only watch the first 15 minutes though.

#83     Aug 24, 2007
  4. Apparently, you've never watched the show. Let's take former Fast Money panelist Eric Bolling. Off camera he trades about 10% of all natural gas contracts as well as being owner of RTC, a trading company specializing in natural resource and commodity based derivatives, equities and options.

BTW, failing at being a TV salesman at the local Circuit City does not qualify you as having "worked in the industry."

#84     Aug 24, 2007
  5. An aside, Does naked news do stock tips? That would be nice.

#85     Aug 24, 2007
  6. ggg12

ggg12

Can't stand that IDIOT jeff mackey. called another 'top' on amzn today. lol

najarian has been good with the options alerts on TMA, CFC and etrade, made some nice $$$ off those.

bolling is good also.

adami never met a stock he didn't love. but that guy mackey is just worthless and he needs a toupe, anyone else think he resembles a conehead?

:confused:

just my humble opinions

#86     Aug 24, 2007
  7. High Net Worth? Are you kidding? I just watched this show because I couldn't remember why I found it of no value when it first came on the CNBC schedule.

It's a less flashy version of "lifestyles of the rich and famous." High Net Worth is pure entertainment, useless for money making ideas.

This weeks big highlight? The guy that wrote "Rich Dad Poor Dad" and wife have his and her Lamborghini's. If you need to watch this crap for inspiration, don't give up the day job.

#87     Aug 25, 2007
  8. Interesting stuff... I have seen all these shows, and wasn't saying there are not some very qualified people on there; many, if not all of them, know more about economics than I do.

I was simply adding the fact (that was absent from this entire thread) that TV is driven by advertising $$, and much of what is said on CNBC is paid advertisement, often in disguise, and may or may not always make someone easy money.

#88     Aug 25, 2007
  9. Here's how you use CNBC:

If you like to follow a certain group of Analysts, Traders, Asset Managers, I would suggest you find out if that person posts their speaking schedules (if they hold NASD and SEC Registrations like I do, they have to clear it in writing, or verbal approval at minimum from a Compliance Principal before going on a live broadcast. It generally gets approved quickly, where if you want to mail something, that's another story...) The key is to find QUALITY, not quantity in listening to every analyst out there. I stick with very vew, and trust them. I also do my own research on Alternative Investments.

If they have a site, and post their CNBC speaking times, put it in Outlook, or whatever calendar you use. If you can become friends with a Broker, he/she 'may' be able to get you a printout of aired analyst, trader, money manager times, as well as conference call play backs from top analysts, money managers, etc., You'll have to call a 1-800 #, and have the passcode for the play back. That's where your friend will have to fit in. The call re-plays are generally for Advisors, other Money Managers, Wealth Managers, etc., so don't get your friend in trouble giving that stuff out if he/she gives it to you. No, I won't provide anyone with that stuff. Sorry.

If you don't have a friend who's a retail broker, walk into a local wire house, and ask to speak to an "Advisor." You'll get the broker of the day (LOL!), but anyhow, give him about 5-10m for some ETF's, or Mutual Funds. I like the ETF's for their "tax-efficiency," but your choice. Everyone needs some money diversely invested, and not something they watch every day due to emotion, etc., But, more for letting it compound over time, re-balancing every 12-18 months (or if needed sooner), etc., it's more or less retirement money, or rainy day money.

Tell the new broker that you're really into market research, and see what he/she offers. Maybe if they don't offer anything, take your money elsewhere, as they suck. They can give you all kinds of client approved market analysis, stock picks, etc., that's not illegal. If they give you something like the conference call re-plays that are meant for internal use only, that could get them in hot water with their firm, RIA, B/D, etc., if it got out, as it could be considered investment advice.

I hope that helped? Good luck to you!

#89     Aug 26, 2007