Fast food places now getting applications from people with bachelors degrees

Discussion in 'Economics' started by peilthetraveler, Jul 14, 2009.

1. ...and you are part of it. Welcome. :)

#71     Jul 20, 2009
  2. Lets see, I know several people who work as mechanics - as in general/main automotive mechanics doing "flag" hours like most others, who think you are are very misinformed - and I publish nationwide data which you say is govt hogwash.

Don't bother responding, you will be on ignore before you delusional all over this thread again. I mostly reserve ignore for the bottom 10% on the ET clueless scale

#72     Jul 20, 2009
  3. So then what’s the solution? People on ET rail at people who don’t have “skills” complaining they can’t make a decent living, now you are saying education is a waste of time.

#73     Jul 20, 2009
  4. Lets see,I am a mechanic in a similar field,I have several friends who are auto mechanics,some of my school instructors were auto mechanics,I posted 3 sources showing that mechanics can make 100,000 a year

As far as the Government nationwide data.They say attorneys make 45,000-128,000 a year,they say the average attorney makes 102,000 a year,you might have the sense to know that most attorneys make a lot more then that

[​IMG]

#74     Jul 20, 2009
  5. When did this website turn into EliteAutoMechanic.com??????

#75     Jul 20, 2009
  6. The key there is “can” make 100k. Most don’t even come close, unless they have their own shop, in which case they are not just mechanics but business owners too. That entails a lot more than being a mechanic.

Oh and citing figures from schools that are trying to sell you an education doesn’t count. They’ll say anthing to get you to pay up.

#76     Jul 20, 2009
  7. I posted 3 sources,only one was from a school.The other was from NY daily news/A dealers association (Dealers would know since they are the ones who pay mechanics 80,000-100,000 a year) ,the other from an employer.You do not have to own your own shop to make 100 grand a year

#77     Jul 20, 2009