Fast food places now getting applications from people with bachelors degrees

Discussion in 'Economics' started by peilthetraveler, Jul 14, 2009.

1. -

Stephan, they can give you only part from the tip because of the (tip credit) law. If I make $2.13 for the hour, and $125.00 for the wedding, working 10 hours, I make $14.63 for hour. This is more than minimum wage.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE]Quote from Sandybestdog:[/
    You just have to get out of it. Once white people are fed up being screwed over enough and not being able to make a living, immigrants will come in and do it. [/B][/QUOTE]

I am not saying this job is to make a living, but to help pay for school to have a better future, and the bartending is much much better. You say "You just have to get out of it", but for someone to have no skill and want to make money to pay for school, it is better money than a pizza delivery or fast food. More than minimum wage for unskilled young people. So it is not "white people" who "being screwed over" but a job for unskilled person to start with, and go forward.

#51     Jul 18, 2009
  2. "most successful trader agree with me that 9/11 was inside job "

as if successful traders have some special ability to analyze whats really going on in the world.... LOL

.......this site has become full of loser, non trading, know- it- alls.

#52     Jul 18, 2009
  3. Well, We know you are a jackass for sure....

Most of the most successful people in the world have had jobs like pizza delivery, or sweeping floors somewhere.

Ask anyone on here thats pulling in 250k+ per year if they have ever had a low paying job even when they started trading. It really shows a lack of class on your part to call someone a loser just because he delivers pizza.

#53     Jul 18, 2009
  4. Obama is doing a good enough job wading through the shit-scum economy the republican crooks left him with.

Sound like you're one of them.

#54     Jul 18, 2009
  5. You and those gov stats are absolutely clueless

Asc certified mechanics wont be making less then 60,000 a year unless they are working part time or they are incompetent

Most certified auto techs with their own tools works off a commission of the shops hourly labor rate.Most shops charge around 80.00 an hour labor,the technician makes 50-60 % of that

There are so many jobs that the flat rate manual charges 2-3 hours of labor for that a decent tech can do that job in 30-60 minutes,but he gets paid for the full 2- 3 hours .Most jobs that the flat rate manual charges 1 hour of labor for can be done in 30 minutes or less

I don't know your friends qualifications,but if they have a tech degree and at least 5 ASC certifications they might want to head to Houston because they are seriously underpaid.(I'm referring to techs specializing in Drivability )

#55     Jul 18, 2009
  6. I've been asking that question for years. Most who are in college shouldn't even be putting a single foot in a classroom.

#56     Jul 18, 2009
  7. Instead of "just going to college", new students will have to ask, "to get trained for what?" "Will my expected employment pay enough to make the cost of a degree worthwhile?"

(Of course, there's always the plan to run up $200K in school loans, then whine "I can't pay it back"... Obama will be good for somehow forgiving your debts and making somebody else pay.)

#57     Jul 18, 2009
  8. No, we do know what you are, you are another multiple screen name from those forex threads. You couldn’t prove your point then, so I guess you have to get create fake screen names to support yourself.

BTW, I never said FXCM wasn’t a bucketshop, because they are. I simply asked for evidence proving they are a scam. After 30 pages of worthless posts by people like you, the best anybody could come up with is, well once I phoned in an order and I think they screwed me by 3 or 4 pips.

#58     Jul 19, 2009
  9. Well it really just matters where you are working. I know people doing all of them, they are pretty much all the same. Just like pizza delivery used to be great money but for various reasons it’s not anymore, so will those other jobs that people rely on. They are easily replaceable with cheap immigrant labor and just blatant employer greed. The days of waiting tables through college are close to being over. Now people are just doing that to pay the minimum on their credit card that went to pay for their bills that they couldn’t pay because they aren’t making much money anymore. The 50k in student loans is being deffered until after graduation. Of course though 75% of new graduates don’t have a job yet.

Of course it’s not just white people being screwed, because it’s usually white people doing the screwing. But there is this concept that is fading that you can work hard doing menial jobs and work your way up. I don’t really see how this is possible anymore.

I have asked a question to people I know and haven’t gotten any good responses so far. Show me a way nowadays to get ahead by starting a successful business or going to college and starting with nothing and ending without any debt. When you think about it, it’s nearly impossible. We are a debt encouraged society. When people can’t borrrow anymore, we end up with economies like this one. Something fundamentally has to change. There are not enough “skilled” jobs for everyone. A society cannot advance when the lowest amongst them cannot afford even a low standard of living by working 40+ hours a week.

#59     Jul 19, 2009
  10. He sums up what ET has become. It’s not a place to have an itelligent conversation anymore, it’s just where people bash everybody else cause they think they’re scoring some points somewhere. Anybody who spends their time to needlessly bash someone because they deliver pizza obviously has nothing better to do.

#60     Jul 19, 2009