Fast food places now getting applications from people with bachelors degrees

Discussion in 'Economics' started by peilthetraveler, Jul 14, 2009.

1. dewton

dewton

this country will descend into bitter slavery for one reason only:

the overall level of debt will only grow exponentially and can never be reduced (without a radical revolution).

its called debt slavery and We the People are enslaved to private banks.

#41     Jul 17, 2009
  2. They don't make even CLOSE to that. Sorry, I have friends who are auto mechanics.

In fact, here is an article about national auto mechanic salaries:

Auto Mechanic Salary & Pay Scale

There are many different levels and types of auto mechanics. Therefore, the typical pay scale depends solely on the type of mechanic that one is training to become. In addition, the amount of schooling an auto mechanic has completed will drastically raise his or her pay scale. The final issue that can change the amount a mechanic earns is location. In areas with public transportation, fewer cars are on the road so supply may not always meet demand. Remote areas with lower cost of living ratios will find their salaries are far lower than more populated areas. These are all things to contemplate when one is thinking about becoming an auto mechanic.

To examine the varying wages, the different areas of the United States are included. All of these wages include typical overtime and bonuses. These are all averages. Exact wages can only be determined by a prospective employer. Overtime hours will vary from area to area, but overtime is usually required of any auto mechanic. Therefore, a person is guaranteed they will be making extra money from time to time.

In Anchorage, Alaska, an auto technician typically makes $36,000 per year, plus another $200 in bonuses and overtime. This brings the auto technician to $36,200. Compare this to a Level II auto mechanic who has had between two and five years of training. A Level II mechanic makes $46,700 a year, plus another $400 in bonuses and overtime. This is a $10,000 difference. Finally, a Level III mechanic who is holding ASE certification makes $56,500 plus another $700 in bonuses and overtime.

Checking wages in Los Angeles, California, one will find that an auto technician there makes $34,900 plus $200 in bonuses and overtime. A Level II mechanic earns $45,500 plus $350 in bonuses and overtime. Finally, in California, the Level III mechanic earns $54,900 plus $700 in bonuses and overtime. Los Angeles is loaded with public transportation options. Therefore, a mechanic will find the demand is not the same as in Alaska.

Moving on to El Paso, Texas, one will find the pay scale drops dramatically. There an auto technician earns $28,400 plus $150 in bonuses and overtime. A Level II mechanic earns $37,000 and $300 in overtime and bonuses. Finally, a Level III mechanic earns $44,700 plus $550 in overtime and bonuses.

In areas surrounding Lincoln, Nebraska, an auto technician earns $28,700 plus $180 in bonuses and overtime. A Level II mechanic makes $37,300 with an additional $300 in bonuses and overtime. Finally, a Level III mechanic brings in $45,200 per year with an additional $600 in bonuses and overtime.

Finally heading into New England helps on discover that in Burlington, Vermont an auto technician earns $30,400 with $200 in bonuses and overtime. A Level II auto mechanic earns $39,500 with an additional $300 in bonuses and overtime. Last by not least; the Level III auto mechanic pulls in $47,800 plus an additional $600 in bonuses and overtime.

#42     Jul 17, 2009
  3. I’m a caddie at a golf course now, I’ll have to look into that. It wouldn’t surprise me. As a caddie, they charge a fee to the golfer, but I only get a third of it. The rest goes to the club and the contractor I work for. Then at the end of the round, recommended tip is almost as much as the original fee. Although both the club and my managers are very good about informing golfers of the policy, they do look out for us and I haven’t had any real problems.

In reality a company charging $3 for something and then giving the person soley doing it $1, is probably pretty standard, but for a golf course to do that on top of the green fee, could be a little deceptive. I’m making ok money though. I think the whole idea of tipping is stupid, but that’s a discussion for another time.

My brother is a bartender in a hotel, I guess he makes ok money, but I think it’s a little slow now. The sad fact is the service industry exploits their workers because they can. You just have to get out of it. Once white people are fed up being screwed over enough and not being able to make a living, immigrants will come in and do it.

#43     Jul 18, 2009
  4. Isn’t that the same thing they said about Clinton? Then Bush comes in and gives big tax cuts and promotes free markets and whatever and the economy tanks. There is no statistical evidence that the economy is better under a Republican and in fact the opposite seems to be true. The president doesn’t control the economy, Ben Bernankrupt does.

BTW I’m a Republican who voted for Bush, but you bet I didn’t vote for McCain.

#44     Jul 18, 2009
  5. govno

govno

give me a break. you are pizza delivery guy who trades micro lots with FXCM

YOU SHOULDN'T be allowed to speak

#45     Jul 18, 2009
  6. No I’m serious, when I was deliverying pizza, we used to joke about that. How bad the economy was going to get until the phd’s came down and wanted a job. It hurt us real bad because there were so many part time people who came there because they were in between jobs or needed a second job. They’d come in, take all the delivery’s, and then would never stay later and help clean up or do other things that would be left to us.

#46     Jul 18, 2009
  7. Thanks for clogging up my PM box with your crap. You're a typical ET poster who can't create a decent argument for his side, so you have to resort to the internet equivalent of throwing a temper tantrum. You should fit in great around here. You make fun of me for delivering pizza and trading micro lots, meanwhile you think 9/11 was an inside job. Sorry buddy, the jokes on you.

#47     Jul 18, 2009
  8. govno

govno

oh my god this gets better and better

give up trading man, you'll never get it, with a brain you have

just give it up, save yourself few k :cool:

would you be surprised to learn that most successful trader agree with me that 9/11 is inside job

would that surprise you ???

successful traders ARE THE SMART KIND, not the dumb kind

#48     Jul 18, 2009
  9. Yea and I’ll bet the most successful traders in the world would agree with me that the sky is blue. Doesn’t make it true, though. The fact that you are wasting so much time on ET critisizing people for delivering pizza shows that you are most likely not part of that group of successful traders.

#49     Jul 18, 2009
  10. govno

govno

that's the thing, we don't know WHAT I AM

but we know 100% you are pizza delivery loser

but what makes you a REAL loser as opposed to temporary loser

is the inability or unwillingness to learn, just like everybody is telling you FXCM is bucketshop and you keep fighting it

you are lost cause buddy, a REAL lost cause

#50     Jul 18, 2009