FAS/FAZ for New Week 4/27

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by scot.mcpherson, Apr 27, 2009.

1. So will you look into options now like infinity?

I ask cuz I've never studied options and am interested in making some longer term plays in options.

#41     Apr 28, 2009
  2. I looked into it briefly, there seems to be a LOT more to it that trading stocks. More things to keep in your head before you pull the trigger.

I don't know maybe I am making it more complicated than it needs to be, and I am sure I am, but no matter how simple option trading is, its still more complicated than simple buying and selling of stocks.

You got strike prices, in the money out of the money and bleh bleh bleh, and you loose all the money you committed if it goes the wrong way for you.

I don't know, maybe infinity will chime in here.

FAS is teasing me, its trying to get me to get back on the train. The dow took a nose dive, but FAS has stayed fairly steady hovering around 7.60

#42     Apr 28, 2009
  3. Yes, there's some divergence there for sure.

I know that FAS/FAZ track RIZIN (?), but there's usually a fairly close 3x relationship between them and XLF. But right now, XLF is down 2%+, but FAS is down 1%, where I would expect it to be down 5-6%.

RIZIN tracks the Russell 2000 financials, right? Small cap/banks?

I have been unable to find the symbol for RIZIN in either IB or Quotetracker.

#43     Apr 28, 2009
  4. FAS and FAZ (inverse) track the Russel 1000 Finanical Services.

on google finance it is RIFIN.X, I haven't found it elsewhere. However FAS tracks RIFIN.X so closely that I seriously believe it would make no difference watch it.

http://www.google.com/finance?q=INDEXAMEX:RIFIN.X

#44     Apr 28, 2009
  5. see I wish I had stayed on FAS now. Now it's too late, I could get back on, but unless it really rockets, I'll only make a tiny chunk like this morning's tiny chunk, and chances are good it'll go down too, so I should have just held it....I just didn't want to loose the profits I was already looking at.

#45     Apr 28, 2009
  6. good news is, that if I miss it, and it DOES rocket through this afternoon, I'll have a good setup for my FAZ overnight routine.

#46     Apr 28, 2009
  7. That's right, RIFIN.X

Problem is, I've looked in both and neither one know what it is, LOL.

Even typing in R 1000 financial gives me nothing.

I have absolutely no idea what's going on here. VIX is down, TRIN is high and staying high, XLF is down, but FAS is barely down......

So, I put a stop on it at the low and I'll just let it take me out, unless TRIN heads down, confirming the "up" market.

#47     Apr 28, 2009
  8. if the dow breaks 8054, I might hop back on.

Oh, it jittered down already while I was typing this....hmmm

#48     Apr 28, 2009
  9. I am starting to think FAZ might be at a good price to buy right now....the Dow has a double head, and the 2nd head isn't as high as the first.

I am just so unsure at the moment.....

#49     Apr 28, 2009
  10. I'm playing the exact same strategy, but it looks like it's still trying to go higher. It will probably still sell off towards the end but I'm just having trouble pulling the trigger.

#50     Apr 28, 2009