Fas/faz 5/26

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by kurbin, May 25, 2009.

1. Looks like FAS finally got its wheels of the runway....

#11     May 27, 2009
  2. I know and that's exactly my point. They're just gettin the market more out of whack. I'm not a growling bear nor a raging bull, I just enjoy healthy markets. However, the more of this ridiculous moves I see, the more I'm shifted to the short side.

There's a 40 months inventory supply of houses over 750,000 in the market. But F that, we don't care. My neighborhood is littered with houses like that, although there aren't that many of them on sale...it's still crazy to know such data exists.

We rally for 12 weeks and you expect consumer not to feel better? The market jumps 196 on the Dow based on that. Talk about ridiculous

#12     May 27, 2009
  3. well I am in FAZ now for 4.90

#13     May 27, 2009
  4. The noise on FAZ looks fairly small so I immediately put in a 10 cent trailing stop. I don't want to get burned too bad. I'll ride it out until it stops out.

#14     May 27, 2009
  5. Looks to me like the news about GM being removed from teh Dow Jones Industrial Average is what tipped the market over.

#15     May 27, 2009
  6. That would be a positive! The result of the 5 yr auction may kill ur faz call, otherwise it seems like a good call

#16     May 27, 2009
  7. Well the action itself would be a positive to the value of the DJIA, but I think it's a negative in public perception that the market index needs to be adjusted because a company is going into bankruptcy.

Either way, my stop is currently at 4.86, which makes it roughly a $40 loss...not too big a deal.

#17     May 27, 2009
  8. How you like that faz, buddy? Just hold and ride. Looks good. And seems like the auction didn't hurt nobody but ppl on FAS

#18     May 27, 2009
  9. I need to stop chatting on here. You guys make me do stupid things sometimes (my fault)....I bailed on it at break even when things were looking to go downhill. I figured why give away $40? I should have just used my stop but the prediction about the auction messed me up....So I missed that ride too...yesterday's fas ride and today's faz ride..

Working out to be a great week :/

#19     May 27, 2009
  10. I am really annoyed at myself

#20     May 27, 2009