Fas/faz - 5/18

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by scot.mcpherson, May 18, 2009.

1. kurbin

kurbin

Not bad Scot... such lack of movement today though on the whole market.

#31     May 19, 2009
  2. salp

salp

Anyone going to hold FAZ overnight?

#32     May 19, 2009
  3. Depends on how we close. If we get a bearish close, I'll probably hold it overnight

#33     May 19, 2009
  4. salp

salp

Do the Level II quotes help anyone trade this pair??
    If they do, could you please give me an idea on what part of the quote screen you find helpful -- thanks.

#34     May 19, 2009
  5. I may, however the profit potential is declining all the time. The later in the day, the less risk, but FAZ is on the way up right now so you might be getting on a late train ride with the same level of risk but less payoff.

#35     May 19, 2009
  6. On second though, I am taking another look at FAS for an overnight hold.

It all depends on the price and what the % is at the end of the day.

#36     May 19, 2009
  7. salp

salp

Back to level II. UYG has 900K Ask at 4.11 and 80k bid at 4.10

Says going down ?? agree

#37     May 19, 2009
  8. I don't know. FAZ hasn't been a very safe bet. Looking at the last 5 days, it's only gapped up once, and not enough to warrant the risk. The character of fas as it looks right now (obviously a lot can change), leads me to believe FAS is going to gap up in the morning and have an up day tomorrow.

#38     May 19, 2009
  9. Why are you trading the technicals on an ETF, especially a 3x ETF? If the technicals don't look good for the underlying banks, it will end up going down. Do you see Banks rallying again tomorrow?

I don't think you'll lose money on the FAS for an overnight hold, but I just don't think it's worth the risk. However, I could be wrong.

#39     May 19, 2009
  10. S2007S

S2007S

Its been a long time since I have seen such a narrow intraday trading range on FAS/FAZ. Quite boring for a 3X.

#40     May 19, 2009