Fas/faz - 5/11

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by scot.mcpherson, May 11, 2009.

1. Well I hopped on at 10.64 there within the last 5 minutes of the day. It probably won't open strong, but the morning whiptail will make it hard to get a good price I suspect, so I think I have a good price.

As always we'll see :)

#11     May 11, 2009
  2. Don't worry, FAZ will drop 20% tomorrow on some BS comment by Bernanke or Geithner in the morning.

#12     May 11, 2009
  3. gangof4

gangof4

what a disappointment in the FAZ. friday afternoon i debated long FAZ vs short COF- went with the FAZ. given the moves today, i would have thought i'd have seen FAZ up well over 20%. combine that with me only taking a 1/3 position (was hoping for an early pop today to add another 1/3), and it was almost a non-event in my portfolio. ehhh, at least i'm green...

#13     May 11, 2009
  4. Honestly I am not sure why people are expecting great things from FAZ. FAZ had a major upward move today which is rare, but you are disappointed.

If you hopped onto FAZ today, or better yet friday afternoon, you should be very happy with the performance today, it was a very good day for FAZ.

#14     May 11, 2009
  5. it also seems if you held on overnight, you'd have made even more money.

#15     May 12, 2009
  6. Yeah.

I went into FAZ yesterday when you asked the question about FAS, and I replied with a chart of FAS.

I bought FAZ when it broke down through.

#16     May 12, 2009
  7. So where do you think FAS is going to go now that it is "down here" below 10pts ?

#17     May 12, 2009
  8. Dunno. I don't make predictions, nor do I see much value in doing it.

All I know is the trend is down, and so I'm in FAZ.

It'll end when it ends.

#18     May 12, 2009
  9. I'm in the faz this morning.....market looks like it's going to tip over....GM bk news is going to drive it down.

there is no way TWO AUTO BK news can be good, First chrysler BK new was bad as it is. Investor sentiment is going to start bearish.

#19     May 12, 2009
  10. keep pressing the FAZ till end of day today, market should sell off.

#20     May 12, 2009