FARK!!! North Korea Just Tested the Bomb

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, Oct 8, 2006.

1. What don't you like about this one, the fact that most are likely worth more today then they were 4 years ago, the fact you are paying less taxes, or the fact that we havn't had another attack on American soil, because we are taking the fight to them?

#51     Oct 9, 2006
  2. I disagree...........someone else rents them, we do not even get to have our signature on the papers any more. We have been taken out of the loop many many decades ago.

#52     Oct 9, 2006
  3. losama bin ladin said he would strike at the heart of the US, he did, it was called 911, hitler said he would take over europe, he did :D

#53     Oct 9, 2006
  4. when I mean short lived, I mean generationally. Once the WWII generation has passed, I wouldn't be surprised to see display of nuclear power once again.

We've been moderately lucky to have no Hitlers w/ nuclear powers around lately. I'm in bewilderment.

#54     Oct 9, 2006
  5. achilles28

achilles28

You just proved my point.

Hitler would have steamrolled the world with A-bombs if no one else had them.

Thats what America is doing right now in the Middle East. Except we're using conventional fire power.

#55     Oct 9, 2006
  6. What about Iraq's WMDS?????

#56     Oct 9, 2006
  7. And how is that different from everyone steam rolling right back at him... dont for a second think Hitler would have been dissuaded by anyone else having them, thats naive

#57     Oct 9, 2006

8. you've put the bait out, and my liberal ass just has to bite. :)

1) we haven't had another attack on American soil, but the causative logic is pretty weak for that argument. What if that is not their strategy to attack NOW? What happens if they are getting enough enjoyment out of ripping Iraq and US military a new asshole day by day instead?

2) Traveled in an airport today. 911's true effect was to transfer wealth to security related businesses and effectively create a modern day public works project (security related work), in addition to spend a massive amount on Iraq to prop up a languishing post tech bubble economy. I won't even get started on how all of this airport security actually does little to protect, since a truely motivated killer can easily still kill in airports, public places, or wherever he wants -- we've just made it harder for him to bring two bottles of chemicals on board of a plane and light himself on fire (in other words, kill people in one *Very* specific way).

3) US has fueled more hatred of our policy and culture through our actions, so just because the domestic death toll for 2001-2006 is very little, there are no guarantees for 2007 and beyond. Perhaps those numbers will dwarf 9/11 and have net effects that make our policies' effectiveness look silly.

I'll stop. Just couldn't resist.

#58     Oct 9, 2006
  9. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

1)ridiculous

2)false

3)unbelievable

#59     Oct 9, 2006
  10. CNN basically blaming Bush and Cheney for including N Korea in the axis of evil and ruining relations with them leading to a break down of their agreement not to develop nuclear weapons... good ole George dubya, gotta provide business for all those weapons companies his family is invested in

#60     Oct 9, 2006