FARK!!! North Korea Just Tested the Bomb

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Huh? American Revolution, how does that relate to my view?
    If you made any sense maybe I could understand your point.

Yeah it's just like communist USSR. When a country has it's own interests (show me ONE country that doesn't) then it's just evil and just like the USSR, you're such an idiot.

I'm not a fan Bush and regardless of whether he is profiting from the war or not it does make some sense that it's to everyone's advantage to have a western supported democracy right at Iran's door step. So think what you will of the evil intentions of the US.

Anyway, I think the US has done a pretty damn good job of looking after it's own interests and also doing what it can for the rest of the world over the last 50yrs. Seriously, if there is any other country that has done better, SHOW ME. Otherwise, shut your hole.

This is the real world son, nothing is for free, everything costs something, even freedom.

#161     Oct 11, 2006
  2. nitro

nitro

Looks like the test was for real. It was picked up by CTCB's seismic monitoring network. But questions remain:

"A small nuclear explosion, barely one-fifteenth the size of the bomb that levelled Hiroshima, has shaken the world's uneasy nuclear balance..."

http://www.newscientist.com/channel...-nuke-test-sends-shock-waves-round-world.html

nitro

#162     Oct 14, 2006
  3. Just in case some have forgotten.

Wednesday, 3 April, 2002, 12:06 GMT 13:06 UK
    US grants N Korea nuclear funds

"...In releasing the funding, President George W Bush waived the Framework's requirement that North Korea allow inspectors to ensure it has not hidden away any weapons-grade plutonium from the original reactors. "
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/asia-pacific/1908571.stm

#163     Oct 15, 2006
  4. To complete the picture of why:

"Under the 1994 Agreed Framework an international consortium is building two proliferation-proof nuclear reactors and providing fuel oil for North Korea while the reactors are being built.

North Korea has repeatedly threatened to withdraw from the agreement in recent weeks."

#164     Oct 16, 2006