Farewell Ron Paul

Discussion in 'Economics' started by riskaddict, Dec 30, 2012.

1. luisHK

luisHK

If so, probably not thanks to his well backed statistics :confused:

"He brilliantly made a career out of pure 99.4% bullshit. "

#51     Jan 6, 2013
  2. There is so much bullshit in your post that I can't fathom the amount of time it would take to create an adequate response.
    Look at Ron's voting record, you fool, you scallywag, and then realize that what you say is complete horseshit.
    Again, you don't have a clue how this whole thing works.

#52     Jan 6, 2013
  3. Please tell me how many career politicians have a fucking medical practice?
    You jackwagon.
    Facts are like kryptonite to you Cambridge elites, haha.
    Did you major in equestrian, or do you just love horseshit?

#53     Jan 6, 2013
  4. Yeah I'm not sure how you would classify them.
    How anyone can vote for an R or D these days (unless they are a game changer like Ron Paul was) is beyond me.

#54     Jan 6, 2013
  5. True. I think he was referring to the Dove Soap his MENSA boyfriend used to clean his arse before going fist deep.

#55     Jan 6, 2013
  6. Of course we are all free to believe whatever.
    So was Ron Paul's medical practice a hobby?
    You know.
    The thing that consumed probably half the 40 years you mention?

#56     Jan 6, 2013
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Let's get a few facts straight here. Out of the man's 56 adult years, he spent 20 in Congress. Yes, 20. About 1/3rd of his adult life. He was Captain of the United States Air Force. He delivered over 4k babies in his medical practice. Nice little hobby he had there. Any of you guys even make 4k trades in your life? Doubt it.

#57     Jan 6, 2013
  8. He ran for office in 74, 76, 78, 80, 82, 84, 88, 96, 98, 00, 02, 04, 06, 08, 10.

Yes, he was a career politician. And by launching his relations into the business, a dynastic one on top of it.

#58     Jan 6, 2013
  9. Yes. He spent 8+ years in school, and in the military and then opened a practice for 13 years with the intent of being a politician.
    I'm not sure you understand that people can have multiple careers, and that a career politician is nothing like the path that took Ron Paul into office.
    When almost half of your 50 year career is not as a career politician, then you can't possibly be a career politician.

#59     Jan 7, 2013
  10. Zalire

Zalire

There is a difference between non-intervention and isolation.

A very large difference.

Ron Paul had many flawed ideas - and in the end, he was just another career politician - but isolationism is not an accurate representation of his stated policies.

#60     Jan 9, 2013