Farewell Ron Paul

Discussion in 'Economics' started by riskaddict, Dec 30, 2012.

1. and just what is that "really good reason" why my son is dead?

#41     Jan 5, 2013
  2. Hell if I know.

Just passing along what I've been told...

#42     Jan 5, 2013
  3. Any reason why you ignore the fact that he was a flight surgeon in the Air Force in the 60's, which requires you to be an MD, and not some job able to be performed by a street grunt?

And that had a medical practice for much of the 70's and 80's?

You realize that this, in and of itself, makes him NOT a career politician.

Forget the fact that career politicians are NOTHING like Ron Paul.

A career politician is someone who uses politics as his or her LIFE work.
    Clearly this has not been the case for someone like Dr Paul.

#43     Jan 6, 2013
  4. 44,000 names on a wall in Washington D.C. for "a really good reason"

so someday we would have the freedom to open a Pizza Hut there

if they would just get an economist and a military guy together to analyse what we are going to die for

it would take them 40 minutes to conclude, "Yeah, that aint going to work, we'd be better off spending that money at home."

How much did we spend fighting the Soviet Union? Now look at them.

Same with Red China.

Communism is like a babysitter. As long as they're commies, you don't have to worry about them for 20 or 30 years.

We'd be better off funding the communist party in Iran.

#44     Jan 6, 2013
  5. If that's how you feel, that's how you feel.

In my book, spending 40 years chasing political office makes you a career politician, and that's what Ron Paul did.

You, of course, are free to believe whatever you like.

#45     Jan 6, 2013
  6. 1974-2012 = career

Ron Paul was a career politician.

Moron.

#46     Jan 6, 2013
  7. jem

jem

that is how it turned out because the Catholic Church almost bankrupted itself funding the freedom movement in poland and the reagan and america spent a fortune re arming and setting up star wars.

if carter and the left stayed in charge the eastern block would still be around.

if the generals in the soviet union could have kept up with our spending there they would not have had to relent to glasnost.

the problem seems to be that 15 years later the the oil men and the M.I complex needed to create wars to increase profits.

#47     Jan 6, 2013
  8. You are correct, I am a genius. Was a member of Mensa (my scores for the test far exceeded the cutoff level), studied at Cambridge. But that is irrelevant.

We both agree that Paul knew how the system worked. Unlike many, however, he was a MASTER at gaming the system, railing against it and then profiting from it, at the exact same time.

He brilliantly made a career out of pure 99.4% bullshit.

Imagine Heidi Fleiss writing a book on sexual purity while saying that to help sell books she would lick the taint of every woman who bought one of her books at Barnes and Noble.

She could probably not pull it off. But Paul did--for four decades.

He was by choice a REPUBLICAN--not an independent--in Congress, which in itself is hypocrisy. This after all was the party that supported expanding an entitlement program (Medicare Plan D) and supported creating another government department (HS), all the while complaining against big government and against the national debt.

He reminds me of career evangelists who rail against immorality and then practice it themselves, banging their secretaries or, like that Jack Schaap pervert in Hammond, Indiana, a teenager in their congregation; and then saying that God has abandoned America because of its immorality.

And the troglodytes in the congregation all say "Amen."

Not that I am not impressed with Ron Paul's career. He was a very able con artist whose only real principle was the promotion of his own manufactured reputation as a "reformer." And he held onto that principle to the very end. That in itself is an accomplishment.

We might not see another like him in our lifetimes.

#48     Jan 6, 2013
  9. piezoe

piezoe

That's a new definition of "isolationist", but I get your point. There might be a better word.

#49     Jan 6, 2013
  10. piezoe

piezoe

Cambridge, Nebraska? It does have an outstanding school system! Did you graduate?

#50     Jan 6, 2013