Fantasy Football Draft Tonight

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TKOtrader, Jul 30, 2003.

1. 9:00pm CENTRAL TIME

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you can move this to chit-chat in a second, just wanted the fantasy players to remember

2. almost time

3. if anyone wants to do a second league then post. This league got filled up pretty fast.

I am in this league and will do my best but I didn't know a damn thing about how this fantasy football worked till the draft and my pre-selections are probably pretty funny. I think I took a defense (tampa) with my number one pick. Apparently that was kind of stupid, then a field goal kicker with my 5th pick, that type of thing. LOL.

(you preselect stuff incase you miss the draft so I just preselected one of each...when my guy was gone..it went down to my next pick..you can guess what happened.)

I finally got to the draft after the 5th round but all the running backs were gone. I ended up with Stephen Davis. That boy had better be the comeback player of the year....like Garrison Hearst, ironically the next best RB I could find so I got him too. :p

Anyway, if anyone sets up a second league. I'm in. Will be there for that draft.

This looks like a lot of fun, thanks to TKO for getting the ball rolling.

Should have done a bit more research into how points are awarded though. My fault.

I'll win anyway though.

:D

4. I think a second league, which had the same format as last year, would be a welcome addition. I say this because a couple of other guys that played in the league last year do not like having the defensive players as part of the format. Also, training camp just began, pre-season games are still a few weeks away and there is so little coverage of any of the events in the NFL, that its hard to figure out who's who or what's what. For instance, after I took Travis Henry, I remembered that McGahee will split time with him. Lets not even get into potential injuries to our top players over the next 4 weeks. It sure would suck to have our first round picks down for the year in a 10 team league, and picking up dogs like Anthony Thomas for replacements...LOL

5. I'm setting up a second league. Will post details tonight.

This league will have 12 teams. Draft will be after preseason.

:cool:

6. I set the following up for a second league. If anyone wants to make changes to the point totals or anything PM me. I basically just used yahoo's defaults since I am still new at this.

Very few draft times were left so its Labor day I think. Really sorry about that, I realize a lot of us will be out and about that day, but if you rank your players correctly (don't do what I did) you should be fine.

There are 11 slots left.

Anyone that wants to can go to to yahoo.com and sign up on the fantasy football page.

Congratulations, your team and league are now registered.
    • Your new League ID# is 251145
    • Your draft is set for Monday, September 1 at 5:25 pm EDT [ Add to My Calendar! ]
    • Refer to the help pages for more information about drafting.

Maximum Number of Teams: 12
    Start Scoring in Week: Week 1
    Maximum Moves: 15
    Maximum Trades: No maximum
    Scoring Type: Head-to-Head League
    Waiver Time: 1 days
    Post Draft Players: Waivers
    Last Trade Date: Friday, November 14
    Trade Reject Time: 1 days
    Bye Points: Yes
    Playoffs: Week 15 and 16 (4 teams)
    Starting Positions: QB, WR, WR, RB, TE, WR/RB, K, DEF, D, DL, DB, Bench, Bench, Bench, Bench, Bench, Bench

Statistical Categories (Offense): Completions (.25)
    Passing Yards (50)
    Passing Touchdowns (6)
    Interceptions (-2)
    Rushing Yards (20)
    Rushing Touchdowns (6)
    Reception Yards (20)
    Reception Touchdowns (6)
    Return Yards (20)
    Return Touchdowns (6)
    2 Point Conversions (2)
    Fumbles Lost (-2)

Statistical Categories (Kickers): Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)
    Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)
    Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)
    Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)
    Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)
    Point After Attempt Made (1)

Statistical Categories (Defensive Team): 0 Pts Allowed (10)
    1-6 Pts Allowed (7)
    7-13 Pts Allowed (4)
    14-20 Pts Allowed (1)
    21-27 Pts Allowed (0)
    28-34 Pts Allowed (-1)
    35+ Pts Allowed (-4)
    Sack (1)
    Interception (2)
    Fumble Recovery (2)
    Touchdown (6)
    Safety (2)
    Block Kick (2)

Statistical Categories (Defensive Players): Tackle Solo (0.5)
    Sack (3)
    Interception (2)
    Fumble Force (2)
    Fumble Recovery (2)
    Touchdown (6)
    Safety (2)
    Pass Defended (1)
    Block Kick (2)

Fractional Points: Yes
    Negative Points: Yes

7. password to register is "trader".

8. Rs8.5

Rs8.5

I'm in......as BRUISERS (subject to change)!!

Peace,
    :)RS

9. Just a reminder....second league Draft is next Monday. IF your not around, rank players beforehand. Lot of preseason QB injuries unfortunately. Pennington went down last night. :-(

Couple of slots still available if anyone wants in.

10. Reminder: The draft for league II is tommorow (Monday, Labor Day) Sept 1st.

Again you do not have to be there, if you arent there however your players are going to be picked for you based on generic (but actually pretty decent as far as I can tell) rankings.

If your not going to be around, pre rank your players.

Also, yes there are still 5 slots available. Apparently most ET readers are scared to step up except for those in league one and the five that registered here.

Maybe five more posters will sign on before the draft and the league will fill up.

(Don't sign up if your not sure you want to do this for an entire season, it does not take but a few min a week to manipulate your roster, but its not as fun if someguys don't take it seriously).

Good luck all, I'll try not to kick everyones a$$es to badly.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/show?page=leaguehome&lid=251145

see previous posts in this thread for more info on scoring, and yes as far as I know if you don't have a yahoo login (email) you have to spend the 5 minutes to create it in order to participate.

:cool:

#10     Aug 31, 2003