Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac bailouts could hit $363 billion, report says

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by hippie, Oct 21, 2010.

1. olias

olias

boy, do I want some people to get their nuts held to the fire for the Freddie / Fannie mess...firstly Angelo Mozilo

2. S2007S

S2007S

The printing press is running, no need to worry!!!!!!

3. Redneck

Redneck

4. The markets ignoring all this is eerily similar to 2007. Hard to believe but it's playing out again..

5. Recipients of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Campaign Contributions, 1989-2008

Top 3

Dodd, Christopher J S CT D $165,400
    Obama, Barack S IL D $126,349
    Kerry, John S MA D $111,000

6. Personally, I'm finding it easier to believe because I felt damn sure the Fed was feeding the market its TOMO/POMO back then on a constant basis while commodities went parabolic, the dollar went in the crapper and the market flatlined. It's their "backdoor" mandate and it's the kind of shit true believers will call you all sorts of names for mentioning.

The difference between 2010 and 2007 is that a bigger slice of the population truly saw that the emperor has no clothes during those meltdown episodes in 2008 and 2009, so this time around people view asset re-flation with a far more cynical eye.

Plus, it always helps to thin out the herd when you want to set asset prices at pre-determined levels.

7. Redneck

Redneck

I wonder (not really) if this will further dry up what credit is currently available…..

Which will possibly be one of the impetuses resulting in a major turn

Not saying this is a forgone conclusion – just sharing bits from one of my “contingency plans” – to extrapolate out if you’re so inclined

RN

8. Redneck

Redneck

9. The herd has moved on, leaving in its a wake, dust & piles of dog crap. Yes it may get ugly but I doubt anyone on Wall Street has given this a second thought, ancient history to WS.

#10     Nov 17, 2010