falwell is dead

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hellrider, May 15, 2007.

1. I'm beginning to get you, Pabst. You often say things just to get a reaction, don't you? Even someone as reactionary as you isn't confused enough to agree with that vomitus.

Obviously the above quotes show that Reverend Falwell was a confused person who lived in the past. However, I don't know whether his net effect was good or bad. Maybe he did a lot of good works under the guise of Christianity. I agree that it's a stupid to celebrate his death.

I see that ET's leading moral relativist, the Disgusting Troll, has weighed in with more of his disgusting, cowardly moral relativism. No surprise there.

#31     May 16, 2007
  2. It doesn't matter if he is a man of God or not, he is a child of God, just like every human being...

Try, I know it is hard, but read Donne...

Or read the New Testament and the Apostles....or Gandhi...there is another way...

I don't expect you would agree with them, they were talking about a civilized way of existence in the face of the animalistic revenge oriented Old Testament, Muslim style, thinking.

#32     May 16, 2007
  3. hcour

hcour Guest

Haven't had a chance to check the news tonight. Is he still dead?

H

#33     May 16, 2007
  4. Do you mean, is he risen?

I doubt that...

#34     May 16, 2007
  5. Republicans drink more Kool-Aid. Are they stupid? The 25% or so fundamentalists nuts out there are going to vote REP anyway. Why alienate the 75% that think fundies need to be put back in their box?

McCain First With Rev. Jerry Falwell Condolences: 'A man of distinguished accomplishment'...

Romney: 'He will be forever remembered'...

Rev. Pat Robertson: 'A tower of strength on many of the moral issues which have confronted our nation'...

#35     May 16, 2007
  6. So apart from being a self righteous windbag, who in all likelihood destroyed tens of thousands, perhaps hundreds of thousands, (maybe more) of peoples lives with this deranged, vindictive, corrupted and rotten version of christianity, spreading fear and hatred in every breath, setting himself up as the proverbial false prophet, (as evangelists tend to do)
    spending a lifetime preying on the weak, the feebleminded, the desperate and downtrodden, hindering humanity and progress at every turn, what exactly did this guy accomplish again?

#36     May 16, 2007
  7. I wonder how widespread this loathing for Christians is. Certainly every moron on ET seems to have felt a need to demonstrate their ignorance. It's telling that those who claim to value "tolerance" above everything are revealed to be the most intolerant, hate-filled bigots. They are tolerant up to the point that someone disagrees with them, then they want to see them dead.

I am also impressed once again by the need for those who are on the other side of these bigots to arm themselves and prepare to defend their families and communities. We are closer to Venezuela-style mob-rule marxism than people realize. I certainly wouldn't want to depend on a government run by the likes of these hate-twisted cretins to defend me.

#37     May 16, 2007
  8. There is loathing for the self righteous Christians who want to tell others how to live their lives.

Those Christians who actually practice love and forgiveness, and focus in on their own sinfulness, are not loathed...

#38     May 16, 2007
  9. Thanks for making my point. You loath those Christians who disagree with you. So much for freedom of religion and respect for "diversity." Of course, the only religion most liberals really respect is islam, which ironically mandates death for homosexuals, death for adultery, death for drug use, death for apostasy, etc. so much for consistency also.

#39     May 16, 2007
  10. I don't loathe people who disagree with me, I have a problem with people who want to pass laws that invade privacy, tell people how they should live, want to make law on the basis of their view of the Bible, etc.

You of course insane to suggest that the only religion liberals really respect is Islam.

Now you are in full on irrational mode sounding like Ann Coulter, just spewing hysterical nonsense for effect.

#40     May 16, 2007