falwell is dead

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hellrider, May 15, 2007.

1. Did you rejoice when Saddam died?

Would you rejoice when Osama dies?

So it is not really about rejoicing because a man died, what bothers you is that they are rejoicing that a particular man, that you don't hate and one that you have not wished death on...died.

I happen to agree that rejoicing the death of a human being is a very low state of mind, but that really is not going on here with you. You are not espousing some principle that applies to all men, just men that you approve of...

You are selective in who you rejoice being killed, murdered, or dying by natural causes...

#11     May 15, 2007
  2. hcour

hcour Guest

What's w/all the news coverage? It's not as if he was someone of real importance, like Anna Nicole Smith.

H

#12     May 15, 2007
  3. Falwell represented some of the worst bigots in america, in a time when racism was rampant in the south. I know because I lived there in the forties and fifties. My daughter lives in that area of Virginia now and below the surface, it hasn't changed.

Too bad that no newsman ever asked that self serving walrus if gluttony was a sin. I would have loved to hear his answer to that one.
    :D :D

#13     May 15, 2007
  4. he also blamed gays and liberals for the occurence of 9-11.
    he is now roasted on a broomstick in perpetuity in hell .

#14     May 15, 2007
  5. So when Sen. Robert Byrd dies your response will be similar?

Yea, right......

#15     May 15, 2007
  6. its not over yet falwells old buddy benny hinn is probably on the way to virginia to raise up old Jerry. If Jerry is raised up from the dead i will be on my knees tomorrow.

BENNY HINN SAYS DEAD IN CASKETS WILL BE RAISED TO LIFE AT TV SETS- Charismatic leader Benny Hinn
    on Paul & Jan Crouch's TBN said people are going to be raised from the dead watching TBN. He said "People are going to
    be canceling funeral services and bringing their dead in their caskets, placing them before a TV set, waiting for God's power
    to…touch them." He said they would be raised from the dead by the thousands (11/22 Chr. News). BDM editor Rick Miesel

Jerry Falwell Endorses Benny Hinn at Liberty University
    http://www.cultlink.com/ar/falwell-hinn.htm

#16     May 15, 2007
  7. Quotes from our dearly departed man of peace.
    ============================

"AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals; it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals."

"If you're not a born-again Christian, you're a failure as a human being."

"The idea that religion and politics don't mix was invented by the Devil to keep Christians from running their own country."

"Textbooks are Soviet propaganda"

"Grown men should not be having sex with prostitutes unless they are married to them."

"The whole global warming thing is created to destroy America's free enterprise system and our economic stability. "

============================

Man...I am gonna miss that guy.

#17     May 15, 2007
  8. LT701

LT701

that's right - these people are almost as bad as that guy who said G-d gave us 911

oh wait, that was Falwell

unlike the 911 deaths, he brought it on himself, he was fat as a pig

his defenders can give it, but they cant take it - fallwell spent his whole life dishing it out, even at 911 victims

and i say that as a moderate conservative

#18     May 15, 2007
  9. Can't believe I spent 20 minutes poking around and reminiscing about this pos. His legacy is he made evangelicals an object of derision for millions. Good riddance.

The PTL Club and Heritage USA
    Main article: The PTL Club
    The September 21, 1987 issue of Time noted that Falwell "plunged" down a 163 foot "hellish" water slide in fulfillment of "a promise made during a fund-raising drive that netted $20 million for the debt-ridden PTL."[7] This drive eventually took The PTL Club, PTL TV network and Heritage USA from Jim Bakker.[8] "Bakker arranged for Falwell to take over PTL in March in an effort to avoid what he called a "hostile takeover" of the television ministry by people threatening to expose a sexual encounter he admitted to having seven years earlier with church secretary Jessica Hahn."[9]

Photos circulated of the event at the Typhoon waterslide at Heritage Island (located at Heritage USA). Falwell remained fully clothed. It was selected as "The Best of Photojournalism" in 1987 Pictures of the Year book presented by the National Press Photographers Association. In September 1999, The Associated Press selected it as one of the top 100 national photos of the century.[10]

At its peak, Heritage USA was earning $126 million a year, but then the IRS revoked its tax-exempt status. Soon after Bakker's federal indictment and public condemnation over his sexual affair, attendance dropped. Falwell argued that "PTL's Heritage USA complex in Fort Mill, S.C., was competing unfairly against tax-paying tourist attractions, and that the tax-exempt ministry should be separated from the running of hotels and amusement parks."[9] Under Falwell's leadership, Heritage USA sought "Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection with debts estimated at $72 million." [9]

According to the 2000 documentary The Eyes of Tammy Faye, Falwell manipulated the Bakkers into giving up control of PTL, and then publicly attacked Jim Bakker for greed and alleged homosexuality. Tammy Faye Bakker and husband Roe Messner both allege that Falwall instructed her to write down details of the salary package provided to the Bakkers, and Falwell then characterized the list as the demands of the Bakkers. Falwell has always denied these allegations.[citation needed]

#19     May 15, 2007
  10. Can't believe I spent 20 minutes poking around and reminiscing about this pos. His legacy is he made evangelicals an object of derision for millions. Good riddance.

The PTL Club and Heritage USA
    Main article: The PTL Club
    The September 21, 1987 issue of Time noted that Falwell "plunged" down a 163 foot "hellish" water slide in fulfillment of "a promise made during a fund-raising drive that netted $20 million for the debt-ridden PTL."[7] This drive eventually took The PTL Club, PTL TV network and Heritage USA from Jim Bakker.[8] "Bakker arranged for Falwell to take over PTL in March in an effort to avoid what he called a "hostile takeover" of the television ministry by people threatening to expose a sexual encounter he admitted to having seven years earlier with church secretary Jessica Hahn."[9]

Photos circulated of the event at the Typhoon waterslide at Heritage Island (located at Heritage USA). Falwell remained fully clothed. It was selected as "The Best of Photojournalism" in 1987 Pictures of the Year book presented by the National Press Photographers Association. In September 1999, The Associated Press selected it as one of the top 100 national photos of the century.[10]

At its peak, Heritage USA was earning $126 million a year, but then the IRS revoked its tax-exempt status. Soon after Bakker's federal indictment and public condemnation over his sexual affair, attendance dropped. Falwell argued that "PTL's Heritage USA complex in Fort Mill, S.C., was competing unfairly against tax-paying tourist attractions, and that the tax-exempt ministry should be separated from the running of hotels and amusement parks."[9] Under Falwell's leadership, Heritage USA sought "Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection with debts estimated at $72 million." [9]

According to the 2000 documentary The Eyes of Tammy Faye, Falwell manipulated the Bakkers into giving up control of PTL, and then publicly attacked Jim Bakker for greed and alleged homosexuality. Tammy Faye Bakker and husband Roe Messner both allege that Falwall instructed her to write down details of the salary package provided to the Bakkers, and Falwell then characterized the list as the demands of the Bakkers. Falwell has always denied these allegations.[citation needed]

#20     May 15, 2007