False Trading Beliefs --- I know some, do you ?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tradingjournals, Aug 2, 2011.

1. And how many of these hedge funds have outperformed the market on say a ten year basis? Very few.

#11     Aug 3, 2011
  2. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

As an "asset class" these strategies have outperformed. That is if you were to invest a dollar into some theoretical index, you would have done better. Then again, the same is true for all hedgefund strategies, which is why hedgefunds have become so much en vogue.

However, performance differs widely between managers. This holds true in all hedge fund strategies.

#12     Aug 3, 2011
  3. Biggest false belief is that everything will happen exactly like last time... BIG NO. Like how some people are comparing impending stock crash with 2007-2008 crash. BIG NO. Entry point and target should be similar/the same. The path between entry point and exit point may vary drastically!!!

#13     Aug 3, 2011
  4. Try this similar logic: very few people carried an umbrella today, that is evidence it did not rain.

Turttle trader funds have been directionally trading the market for over 20 years and have missed maybe a few quarters, barely.

There are also serious indicatons but no prof that some people experience precognition:

http://www.priceactionlab.com/Blog/...edict-market-moves-by-seeing-into-the-future/

I would not discount that either.

#14     Aug 3, 2011
  5. Have you ever had a dream that came true? When you sleep, your mind dissociates from your body. That is when you can travel into the future....

#15     Aug 3, 2011
  6. big misconception that daytrading is smarter than buy and hold, and that daytraders steal money from dumb buy and holders. in reality buy and hold is smarter than daytrading.

another myth high volume is bullish low volume is bearish. volume is very very contextual so much, its almost useless.

#16     Aug 3, 2011
  7. I don't know about "myths," per se, but I break just about every "trading rule" out there.

#17     Aug 3, 2011
  8. You remind someone. Are you that someone?:) PM me if you are that someone.

#18     Aug 3, 2011
  9. How to cure it?

#19     Aug 3, 2011
  10. In trading, all things must be studied well because it is not just a simple business if that's what you think.

#20     Aug 4, 2011