Falling Down, And Getting Back Up Again.

Discussion in 'Journals' started by lundy, Dec 5, 2002.

1. Lundy, you can do it.

With 5K I estimate you could possibly trade yourself up to 25K in approx. 12 to 18 months, averaging about 2% with 3 trades a week. I then figure you could possibly average 4 to 5K a week with 4-1 margin. Figuring a little slippage here and there, you could trade your way back in approx. 10 to 12 years +-. But of course you might become a killer trader and blow everybody away or you might win the loto. Anyway you look at it, you need to get started.:D

#71     Dec 9, 2002
  2. You lost a million dollars of someones money and your still alive to tell the story ??
    I think your story is a bunch of B/S .

#72     Dec 10, 2002
  3. lundy

lundy

just got off work, I work the 3pm to 11 pm at a local grocery.

a couple of things:

#1. I'm on a payment plan to pay back the 2 million. It starts with a simple commitment, I give half of my paycheck every 2 weeks. It's only a few hundred dollars, but it's the committment to paying back thats important. Every endeavor I make from here on out is to pay back this debt.

#2. Everyone involved in the story knows everything, and yes, I'm lucky I'm still alive, not beaten up, and not in jail as of yet.

#3. I'm going back into the stock market because I haven't given up on myself. I want to make changes and improve my self, and let go of my ego.

#4. the story is true, I could post brokerage statements, but i'm not here to prove my story, only to confess and to get feedback. I didn't want my lie of a life to remain a lie in anyones eyes. So even though the people in the story knew the truth, I hadn't told everyone I know. Now just about everyone relevant to the story knows what I did.

TapeREADER, thanks for the good advice. I need to change from wanting to prove myself, to wanting to be myself.

Stockerup, thats my plan. Its outrageous to think I can do it, but, I think if I take it one day at a time, and think small, a miracle might happen for me. Thats why I'm starting again, albeit small. I have to start somewhere.

#73     Dec 10, 2002

4. "Raise a glass for the hardworking people; say a prayer for the common footsoldier..."

Mick Jagger, Salt of the Earth

:p :p :p :

#74     Dec 10, 2002
  5. JPB

JPB

I hate to jump on the BS wagon here, but you have to understand this is a little tough for some of us to comprehend. A pretty good daily range in the NQ is 50 points. If you bought the top and sold the bottom, that's $1000/contract. To lose .9 mil you were trading 900 or so contracts at a time? $9,000 a tick? Just post this one day's statement (not retouched) and I'll at least nominate you for the "biggest balls on the board" award.

-JPB

#75     Dec 10, 2002
    #76     Dec 10, 2002
  7. I'm tempted to not believe you. I mean, the idea of someone giving 2 million to a 23 year old with no credentials is kind of far fetched. Yet every day Wizetrade sells more of their program. So I suppose anything is possible...

#77     Dec 10, 2002
  8. DblArrow

DblArrow

Let me quess the guy that backed you was 40yoTrader?

Make 'em pretty, Chris

#78     Dec 10, 2002
  9. I think you've been watching "Rogue Trader" one too many times...

(or not enough..) :D

[​IMG]

#79     Dec 11, 2002
  10. yes, considering that he just blew-up $2,000,000, a $5,000 wad ought to be sufficient to to trade his way back, even allowing for the slippage. huh? good luck to you both.

:)

#80     Dec 11, 2002